legnum stolen

G

Unregistered
so my legnum is no more. i was considering selling it but before i got the opportunity, someone decided to steal it from a carpark in glenelg in sa. i parked it, went to the atm and boost juice and by time i got back car was gone. no broken glass or anything. was 20 mins tops. so it was missing for two days and cops found it tonight all burnt out. so im going to view it tomorrow with insurance company to find if anything is salvagable at all. will let you know the outcome. it was only insured for 15000 so im so disapointed its gone.....

G

Unregistered
yeah was so angry. had a squash racquet, some cash, and expensive wine in the back seat. still not over it. so im carless until insurance comes through. duno what i will buy next. i will just wait and be patient

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
2nd one in 2 weeks isnt it? didnt someone elses get stolen and burnt just recently??

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
That sucks dude, especially considering you left it for such a short time. Was it alarmed?

G

Unregistered
Dude........I ****ing hate thieves.
If I ever found someone who stole a vehicle I would take their eyes out with a rusty pitchfork, cut off their arms and legs brand them with the words I'm a ****ing thief and throw em in front of the police station naked with pictures of them stealing shit. My buddies talon got stolen in Hawaii and they found it North Shore side upside down and on fire. It had close to 15000 dollars into it and since he never put those things on his insurance he got 2800 which was KBB on the eclipse. Gay.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Oh noes! Not another one :(

I'm so sorry to hear that man..... That sucks

And that is the third off the site I know of to recently be stolen and burnt out! I'm just going to watch my insurance premium go up and up because of these bastards!

G

Unregistered
No fingerprints. No loose evidence that may have dropped out of thiefs pockets. Cars on fire also very entertaining for thiefs?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
damn... That really sucks.
I have a deep loathing for scum like that. Do it to them and they would go skitz and grab all their mates and come for you. But they think its a joke to do it to someone else!

Your pride and joy gone and bet they will only get a slap on the wrist if caught..

As mentioned before, was it alarmed?

You could buy another one ;)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Shit! sorry to hear Ken!

Its the worst feeling to have your car stolen, then even worse to hear that it was torched. My old R31 was stolen and torched 2 months before the legnum arrived, leaving me car-less, not to mention losing a book of notes i had made from the first 6 months of my phd

Im not a violent person but if i ever saw anyone acting very suspiciously around a car id have little heisitation to beat the living piss out of them, they are absolute scum

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Dude.. **** that's messed up.. I feel for you, how horrible.. I would be distraught at that happening..

I say go for a new one and make it bigger and better :)

I hope you can atleast get something back out of this situation..

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
damn not another one, does that mean people are starting to know what these cars are ?

sorry to hear that mate, i hope you still go down the VR4 road and get yourself another one

hmm oem decals saying its twin turbo maybe its not such a good idea :-( mind you if they know what it is already probably doesnt matter.

hope all works out with insurance and you get another one asap.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Bugger that sucks Ken :(

Also hate to say it, but Insurance will investigate the hell out of you with stolen and burnt out import that was for sale. Friend of mine had her R33 for sale for a couple of months, then it was stolen while she was at work at Marion.

Insurance (Just Cars) investigated her for ~2 months before they finally were convinced it wasn't a scam and then paid her out another month later - so she was carless and cashless for 3 months!

Hope you have better luck!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
That's terrible news Ken :( So sorry to hear that.

What security did you have on the car?

As Travolta said in Pulp Fiction, it would be worth them doing it to my car just so I could catch them doing it...

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
What is going on? This is crazy!

Sorry to hear about it mate. Hope it all goes smooth and you get another car real soon.

wraith73

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Steve
Drive
Mitsubishi Colt, Patrol, Pulsar Q
Brings a tear to the eye! Destroying a beautiful piece of machinery in the name of fun. Bring back capital punishment... Burn the bastards!!

Top Bottom