Legnums and short people

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
Ok so i havent driven a legnum yet, and well im short!

And i know that in my celica i am very low, i mean i can always sit on cushions lol

But are there any other shorter guys who drive these or are they pretty well suited to the shorter bunch of the society haha

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
How tall are you exactly? My mum is about 5'2" and uses the ST-R as her everyday car. She does sit close to the wheel but doesn't have any vision or comfort issues and can reach the steering wheel and pedals fine.

The standard leather and cloth seats can be adjusted for height. The recaro's can't be however and they are quite low. I'm about 5'8" and haven't had any problems with them at all.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
well im about 5"4

so if it has the standard seats i should be fine then...

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
well im about 5"4

so if it has the standard seats i should be fine then...

My other half drives mine with standard leather seats (in both)..... Shes about 150cm tall and has troubles with the high dash and the deep clutch in the manual. She also has difficulty with the a-pillar being a BAD blind spot.

Apart from that she loves driving it!! :)

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
well im around 161cm tall so a gd 10 cms taller, wow your girl must be short haha

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The only problem my mum has had with driving it is that she finds that with high heels on it is difficult to push the clutch down the whole way, which infuriated her when she was first driving it as she kept on crunching gears :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
well im around 161cm tall so a gd 10 cms taller, wow your girl must be short haha

Any of the members that have met her will vouch for that lol....

The only problem my mum has had with driving it is that she finds that with high heels on it is difficult to push the clutch down the whole way, which infuriated her when she was first driving it as she kept on crunching gears :)

Hahaha..... I'm with a country chick, she probably doesnt know what high heels are! Thongs FTW!!! :)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
I find that being tall is more of an issue...I am 186cm and have to have the seat all the way back..I know when my girlfriend has been in the car as I cannot even sit down in it..

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
so good being short wont have any issues

im getting pretty excited will hopefull have a legnum soon

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
well, my wife is about 160cm as well and she drives ok. she's got the seat all the way forward and tilt the back rest forward. drives fine and she still manages to floor the padels.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
haha im in the same book as you dawso and kev,im 182 and i dont even no how short my gf is,like 156 if i remember correctly,short short,and she drives it fine(even though shes not aloud to)but i cant fit my legs in once shes palyed with the car,then theres the mirror that points down at the carpet,grrr

but yeah to answer your question,youll be fine in a legnum

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
ok so i will be fine

its just a matter of getting one now so hopefully not too much longer now

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
One of my girlfriends is 160cm (5"2) and she drove my car fine. I got her to run a few errands for me in the car and she was really happy with the comfort and seating. She said it was nice to drive.
So you'll be fine.

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
well all this has put my mind to ease so much more and has shown me that i am meant to have one of these :p

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
if you have multiple im sure you wont mind giving me one hahaha

Top Bottom