LPG powered VR4 Galant/Legnum

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Lol I wonder how many more laps we all have to do until everyone is on the same page regarding the 310kw figure.
If it was a race, everyone would already be finished and blue legnum would still be sitting in the pits trying to figure out what button starts the car lol. Sorry mate, but you have missed the point, more than once.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
If it was a race, everyone would already be finished and blue legnum would still be sitting in the pits trying to figure out what button starts the car lol. Sorry mate, but you have missed the point, more than once.

He's been with LPG cars before !!!!
He's obviously done his research!!!!!
So everyone leave him alone !!
Let him be happy to do his LPG conversion !!!!!!!!!!
We will check his fuel figures afterwards !!!!

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
He's been with LPG cars before !!!!
He's obviously done his research!!!!!
So everyone leave him alone !!
Let him be happy to do his LPG conversion !!!!!!!!!!
We will check his fuel figures afterwards !!!!

And I sometimes wonder why the people I know who I tell "go on ozvr4 and ask them" Don't bother anymore cause of the utter rudeness.

In the end he'll be the one who's winning while just about everyone else on here will have a cry about filling up every week and complaining about petrol prices. This is the only forum I've been on where something so unique and different attempted by someone is actually shun upon.

So he uses one too many exclamation marks big deal 'least he can spell.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
And I sometimes wonder why the people I know who I tell "go on ozvr4 and ask them" Don't bother anymore cause of the utter rudeness.

In the end he'll be the one who's winning while just about everyone else on here will have a cry about filling up every week and complaining about petrol prices. This is the only forum I've been on where something so unique and different attempted by someone is actually shun upon.

So he uses one too many exclamation marks big deal 'least he can spell.

I have to say that Paul has a point here. I've been guilty of posting the occasional dig but I would hope that they are taken in jest. In the end, if someone does something different to their car, it's their choice. No need to hate on difference unless they're being obnoxious about it, which is not the case here. I think diversity is a good thing, as many of you know.

So if we don't see the point of LPG, we should just wait five years and see what kind of experience/returns he gets.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
I have to say that Paul has a point here. I've been guilty of posting the occasional dig but I would hope that they are taken in jest. In the end, if someone does something different to their car, it's their choice. No need to hate on difference unless they're being obnoxious about it, which is not the case here. I think diversity is a good thing, as many of you know.

So if we don't see the point of LPG, we should just wait five years and see what kind of experience/returns he gets.

Unfortunately sometimes what people have said about certain member's car's here who I won't name have taken it a bit to heart. When everyone gangs up for no real reason it is a bit is-heartening. (Hell happened to me years ago but in the end you just say f**k the haters and do what makes you happy!) I mean hell I'm all for telling a member wtf is he thinking if he puts on a set of 20" chrome spinners or something but yeah.

Well anyway, said what I've needed to. Joe should be picking up the car today, hope to hear some good news!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah, should be interesting. I'm still interested in seeing a before/after on the power, torque and fuel consumption figures.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Listen people it's a car forum not afternoon tea with biscuits. There are always gona be comments here and there aslong as there are not violent and racial towards members.

Paul OZVR4 is far from rude seriously have you been on other car forums? Ok so some guys got flamed about LPG, nobody got killed. Just sounds like some people got cut.

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Listen people it's a car forum not afternoon tea with biscuits. There are always gona be comments here and there aslong as there are not violent and racial towards members.

Paul OZVR4 is far from rude seriously have you been on other car forums? Ok so some guys got flamed about LPG, nobody got killed. Just sounds like some people got cut.
Ha. Just finished my tea and biccies too :p
Have I been on other car forums? not really. Aussiemagna, ModifiedMagna, 3si, 3sgto, detailparadise, JDMST, teamswift, redlineGti, mitsubishi-forums, adaptronic, MEA, few other's too. And yes no-one got killed, but when a subject like this comes up it's annoying to see so many close minded views on the subject.

There still mucho <3

Blue legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joe
Drive
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport , 65 Mustang 351w
SVI LPG Legnum - Top Install by the Installer.
engine bay.jpg
engine bay side.jpg
gas converter (2).jpg
gas covertor2.jpg
Gas ecu.jpg
filler cap.jpg
gas gauge.jpg
gas injectors.jpg
gas tank1.jpg
gas tank.jpg

Had the install done & was very impressed.
Probably one of the best I've had converted!
Thanks Boys-Very happy with your work!

Car was tuned on the road by laptop through Gas ECU & need to go back after 1000k to get it checked over & dynoed!

The car starts on petrol & when coolant reachs 40 degrees it switchs over to gas.
When warm switchs to gas above 1000rpm.
When it runs out of gas it will switch automatically to petrol.

There is no difference in power between petrol or gas!
No cut out at WOT goes all the way to red line on gas.

They used all the available space even though it was tight!
Air box & snorkel all there.
Gas Filler behind petrol door not bodge quarter panel job!

The first & only SVI LPG Legnum in Australia!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Agree with Chris but I'd also like to see the torque curves for before and after.

G

Unregistered
Very clean man, congratulations. Must be stoked with the performance, hopefully we can see some sweet results with a tune.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Its no longer any easier to change the front plugs lol, but it does look like a pretty neat install

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
Dyno will be after the first 1000k's....

Stoked, almost back in to the $0.4x bracket per litre down here, giggity :)

Have to say, very nice install too! Glad to hear there's no power loss too, if you can't feel it in the seat of the pants I really doubt there'd be much in the dyno sheet, cheap fills from here on! Now you can say you got beat by a legnum.....on gas :D

Top Bottom