M2- Toll booth Cameras

Harlequin

Crunching Gears
First Name
Trent
Drive
'98 Galant VR4 Type S
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew if the toll booth cameras on the M2 also catch you for speed? I went through one about 5-10km over the limit (wasn't concentrating) and hoped I wasn't picked up for speeding. I know its my fault if I am caught but I'd prefer not to loose the points/have to pay the fine!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I don't think they measure speed (well they probably do, but I don't believe they use it to book you) who even knows what the limit is there, it changes every day!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
As far as I'm aware, no toll booths in NSW get you for speeding. Instead they leave it to the safety cameras set up near some of them (such as the Harbour Tunnel) will do just that.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I didn't know you could ever drive fast enough on the M2 for a camera to catch you?

What with sitting in gridlock everyday....

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
"Safety" camera... what a joke.... How can having your picture taken increase safety....

How come they take hundreds of photos a day of people speeding <rhetoric> and therefore being very dangerous </rhetoric> yet almost none of the people photographed actually go on to crash??

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Do other states have the 3 warning signs before the fixed speed cameras?

If you get caught by one in NSW, you deserve the penalty.

Don't know if it's changed by now, but when driving in Germany, they had their cameras painted green & hide them amongst trees & bushes. No warning signs before them either, just signs saying there could be cameras around.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i know with speed cameras they will have a sign saying 'Speed Cameras in area"
as well as a "speed Camera Ahead" x2 as you approach the camera.

Police Officers doing radar checks from what ive heard have to display portable signage stating that they are conducting speed checks, but ive never seen a Cop actually do this (so by rights, if they have to display a sign but dont, you COULD appeal the infringement)

And the Mobile Speed Check vehicles(Territories ETC) are supposed to also display signage, but 99% of the time ive seen the the sign is 50m PAST the vehicle with a sign saying "Your speed has been checked"

NSW has alot of bullshit rules in my opinion

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
The Territories really shit me because yes they don't display anything tangible, & they're only placed in areas for revenue raising, as they're run by the Macquarie Bank, who is only interested in making money.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
And no one in the NT flashes their headlights to alert other drivers.... :(

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Not a speed camera issue as such, but on the flashing topic.. just the other night a police van went bye the house, and the car traveling in the opposite direction flashed the next car coming up the street in the same direction as the police van... as you might have already guessed, the car he flashed was a police car no doubt heading to the station along with the van. The cops then threw out a U-turn and went after him, I'd hate to think of the fine he would have landed trying to do something nice for someone.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
I have had that with a mate. When younger we avoided a RBT (had been drinking) and then flashed a car coming the op direction. Turned out to be a cop that cornered us in a culdersac and claimed he was chasing us for the last 5 mins. Took my mate back(driver) the RBT to test him. Blew at level. Held him there and tested him 3 more times over the hour and his level never went down. Made him walk the 3 k's back to his car and mentioned nothing about the flashing. Was a good night. Even managed to get a pic of my mate in cuffs while they shoved him in the d car

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Not a speed camera issue as such, but on the flashing topic.. just the other night a police van went bye the house, and the car traveling in the opposite direction flashed the next car coming up the street in the same direction as the police van... as you might have already guessed, the car he flashed was a police car no doubt heading to the station along with the van. The cops then threw out a U-turn and went after him, I'd hate to think of the fine he would have landed trying to do something nice for someone.

From what i read a year or so ago its only an $80 fine, no demerits..

On the topic of fines and such, i have a $206 fine (and 2 points) for turning at a no right turn sign (which was VERY poorly marked, but decided against appealing it- cause the back of the Infringment notice said the court cant over rule the demerits, which is all i cared about)
Anyway, i got caught on the 4th August (with 21 days to pay) but i still have't paid it mainlyu because im struggling a bit financially at the moment.. but its now well past 2 months of the incident but i havent received a payment reminder, nor have i had the SRDO show up asking for their money.
anyone know what the go is with overdue payments?
(i had a mate who didnt pay a speeding fine and received a reminder a week after it was due saying he HAD to pay within another 14 days or he'd receive further action (im assuming court attendance, but he paid it the week after)

i am planning to pay it next week when i get paid again, but i thought i;d see if any of you guys knew the process.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
I would pay as soon as possible, they can do alot of shit to you if you dont pay fines. My mate had his licence suspended for not paying a train fine....

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
oh wow haha..
yeah, might pay it next week when i get paid like i have planned

Abusive

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 Legnum
Call SPER (State Penalties Enforcement Registry), they can organise with you to pay it off over a longer period. No big sob story needed, it's more of a service than anything. Makes those little mistakes a bit more bearable.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I didn't know you could ever drive fast enough on the M2 for a camera to catch you?

What with sitting in gridlock everyday....

I usually get to cruise at about 60 through the tunnel in each direction every morning/night.

Sometimes slower, it's frustrating. But I'm usually happy doing 60, because it could be slower lol.

Whenever I manage to reach 80 in the tunnel, I freak out. It's such an unusual occurance!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
When I used to have to be stuck in their gridlock everyday, the toll collector didn't appreciate my "cheapest carpark in Sydney!" jibe.

The M7 though, best road in all of Sydney..

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
M4 is shite.

M7 is the best as it circumvents most of Sydney lol. Now I just wish they'd build the link from the M2/M7 to the F3!!!!!!

G

Unregistered
M7 is the best as it circumvents most of Sydney lol. Now I just wish they'd build the link from the M2/M7 to the F3!!!!!!
I think they've been "talking" about that for ages now. It'd be bloody brilliant if it came to fruition!

Top Bottom