MAF clamp voltage

Endless

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
Hi all,

I have an emanage blue which im trying to use to eliminate the boost cut. The emanage does this by clamping the voltage the ECU sees from the maf. Does anybody know at what voltage the ECU starts fuel cut from standard?

Grid

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomasz
Drive
Legnum 6A13TT, Galant 6A13
Our MAF outputs a PWM (Hz) signal, not a voltage. Boost cut can easily be removed by a reflash of the main ECU.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Question, if you cap the signal from the MAF, does it mean you get more boost but no more fuel?
Is this really an advantage power wise? Or is it just because you want to be able to say you are running 20psi of boost or something?

Endless

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
Hi, turns out I had the wrong maf selected. I have had some success clamping the signal at 1340hz. Boost cut seemed to kick in for me at 1344hz. You are correct that no more fuel is added, I will have to manually add fuel with the emanage, but I won't be trying this till I have wideband available. I don't want to run anything rediculous, 14psi would be nice, but I seem to get boost cut at around 12.5psi. Now that I have figured out how to use it, I've removed the clamp and will revisit it later with wideband.

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Question, how much did this emanage thing cost compared to evoscan and an openport cable?

Endless

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
I paid 200nzd for the emanage and all the optional harnesses and 350 for the e-01 boost controller. The E-01 was totally optional but I like having the one little LCD instead of three gauges and I can program the emanage and datalog for three hours from right in the driver's seat.

Top Bottom