Mines ECU... anyone got one? Is there really much difference?

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
As topic states... read a bit on CVR4 and around about these Mines ECU's.

ECU_MITSUBISHI_300.jpg

Anyone got one or can vouche for what is actually done to the maps?

I am considering seeing if Jesse can source one.

(just seems easier then flashing as I don't have cable / wide band or anything. Just plug in and off we go.)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I've seen some on EBay etc, but aren't they tuned to a specific state?
If you aren't running the same gear & PSI etc, then it wasn't going to be worth it.
Haven't seen them go for cheap though....
I would be going for a reflash still.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I've seen some on EBay etc, but aren't they tuned to a specific state?
If you aren't running the same gear & PSI etc, then it wasn't going to be worth it.
Haven't seen them go for cheap though....
I would be going for a reflash still.

cheers; just trying to work out which is the cheapest path as I'm sure everyone's wallet is feeling it these days when it comes to affordable mods.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i dont have one but i translated some japish a while back,

off the top of my head,

7600rpm limit
tuned for full exhaust/intake/FMIC/larger injectors/fuel pump/13psi....i think

G

Unregistered
Yeah the Mines ecu are at a pre-set level of tune , I have seen the maps on them and they tend to mess with the timming rather than tweak the fueling .

The Mines works best with 100 ron fuel so anything less than that will cause more knock

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Cool so thats a no go :) thanks guys! Saved me the hassle of trying to talk to Mines about it!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I know you're in Qld, so don't have easy access to him, but how about a Dr Drift remap? He does head up to Qld every now and then to do tuning. He already has experience with remapping VR4s and told me he loves doing Mitsis now that he has the gear. It might be worth giving him a yell and seeing if he's due up your way any time soon...

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I know you're in Qld, so don't have easy access to him, but how about a Dr Drift remap? He does head up to Qld every now and then to do tuning. He already has experience with remapping VR4s and told me he loves doing Mitsis now that he has the gear. It might be worth giving him a yell and seeing if he's due up your way any time soon...

So you're talking about him flashing my factory ecu? Any idea on pricing? and contact details? Also any idea on his disclaimer... i'm assuming its the usual thing of "If I remap your ecu, and 10 mins later it blows up... thats your responsibility" .. haha kind of like the disclaimer when they dyno your car.

... Always hated signing that form :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah he can remap the stock ECU to suit whatever mods you're running. His disclaimer would probably be like everyone else's, if it goes boom it is your responsibility. That's standard though and would be the same everywhere. He's a really good dude though so don't take that as me suggesting he's harsh - you won't find friendlier or more helpful. He has been tuning Nissan ECUs for near on 10 years now so he has plenty of experience.

As for cost, I don't really want to put a figure out there without knowing for sure, although the general rate for a chip & tune on a Silvia was around the $600 mark (including dyno time) last time I checked. That was a while ago. Please don't take that as gospel though, as like I said I don't know for sure. Best to ask him. The service is a drive-in drive-out type deal, generally same day.

Email is sam@dr-drift.com, or you can find him on Facebook.

He also may try and talk you into fitting NOS. :LOL:

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
LOL @ NOS.... pass thanks... I don't fit the 'vin diesel' looks category or drive a red FD :p

But I have stumbled on their website and emailed them with my inquiry.

I guess at the end of the day I just want to make sure it someone that knows what they are doing; preferable someone who's done it before.

cheers mate :) I have heard of these guys before, but it never occurred to me.

I might send out some feelers to Bob Romano and see if Chris has had any experience with VR4's...

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
LOL @ NOS.... pass thanks... I don't fit the 'vin diesel' looks category or drive a red FD :p

I'm kinda worried that next time I go there I'll walk out carrying a couple of bottles.... He's gone mad for the stuff! (y) A mate is currently having it fitted up to reduce his lag issues.... Will be interesting to see how it goes.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Lag issues... what is he running a T88-D or something? lol... jaysus NOS to cure lag....

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
2871R with a .86 (I think) on a CA. It isn't super laggy, but it is noticeable. Especially in the heat. He has been named Captain Clutch Kick in honour of his lag-defeating exploits.

Actually come to think of it I think he named himself that.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
haha self proclaimed FTW... sounds interesting though! Keep me updated on this one!

Anywayz... back on topic before I get in trouble from the post police ;)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Brett, there are also KSROMs out there, but I think they're in the same boat as the MINES (tuned to exact specification etc).

A reflash would be the best way to spend your money I'm thinking.

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
KSROM is indeed tuned to your specific likings and the performance mods done to the car. I have been doubting for quite some time to have a spare ECU KSROM-ed, but have not decided yet.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I can vouch for Sam also. He tuned my SR20DET Datsun 1600 around 6 years ago back at XTC. Good work and great bloke.

Top Bottom