Mitsubishi Starion owners

mustang21

Crunching Gears
First Name
ray
Drive
97 Legnum
Hay guys, just wondering if there are any other starion owners here.

Old 3 door coups, 2liter turbo.

Well, i have a JA starion running 10 pound on an evo 3 turbo.
bigger fule pump and reg, JD intercooler, line locker and locker diff.
lower springs and shocks, on big 17's with over sized tyers.

looking to do a mulit point conversion and twin cam head, get it running early evo specs'

also currently spraying her purpal with matt black air scoops.

has any one hear, owned, or seen any of the mighty starions ?

Attachments

• 01022008006.jpg
    01022008006.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 245

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I've seen a few around, but most of them are in absolute terrible condition, as In falling apart. Nice to see someone breathing some life back into em.
I'm sure someone here would own one, or have owned one. Lots of Mitsi love here :p

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
I had its little brother the cordia :), well still do have but its unregistered in my back yard

My Legnum was its replacement

I did love the starion although it didnt hold its age as well as the cordia, but the idea of a bigger engine and rear wheel drive was attractive. there are still allot around, see them everynow and then.

there is even one here in leeton i think. saw it at the mechanic the other day.

Oldyone

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
96 vr4 auto , starion widebody, BA XR8.
I have two, JA with 2.6 and a widebody with 2.3 twin cam. Well most of the body work is done.The rims are not mine, the colour is tangerine scream, it's one of those colours you like or hate.
The widebody still needs a lot of work.
tmp_IMG_0123223659396.jpg
tmp_IMG_1206513170741.jpg
tmp_7478-20141215_1552141997200162.jpg
2015-03-16 09.17.54.jpg
20141212_133110.jpg
2015-03-16 09.16.54.jpg

G

Unregistered
Hi Steve, Didn't know you were on this forums:cool:. I know you from Austarion, and i almost bought Marks car before you! I also delivered your twincam from Meeks, to the mechanics up in Newcastle.

I got The oldest JA in Aus, and a Jdm widebody that has a twincam setup built for it too.

Check out my Widey here http://forums.austarion.com/viewtopic.php?t=10050

Im looking into a legnum again, i just need too sell my jeep 1st.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Way back in high school i did a 2 week work exp stint at a mechanics garage called Coltspeed (http://www.coltspeed.com/).. They worked on Starions and have a racing Starion.. I'm friends with the owners children too (well, not really children, all over 22, but yeah lol).. I think they've closed down now though, after many years of business!

First car I got to take a look at was a yellow Starion sitting there purring away, I loved it! Never seen one or heard of one before!

For a long time after that I had always wanted one!

mustang21

Crunching Gears
First Name
ray
Drive
97 Legnum
i picked mine up for 2g with a LSD, iv had so many fun nights looking out the drivers and pas windows going down the road on wet night, cheap and easy to mod, a sick p plater car, there kinda fast and go sideways, what more do u want ???

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
I own an '82 JA Starion, 2.0L 4G63, pretty much stock. Picked it up for $1500 not running, all I need is a fuel pump. But from what I hear, they are a bloody fast car for it's age and class! I'm building one and using it as a drift/car.

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Best Starion ever is in Cannonball Run 2. Jackie Chan and Richard Kiel pilot the sh!t out of that thing !

cannonballrunii531yl2.jpg

I love the widebody ones. Definitely in my fantasy garage

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Someone said widebody??

image61f.jpg

starion.jpg

image22wf.jpg

Always had a soft spot for the old stazzas! A mate of mine about 12 years ago back in NZ had a GSR III and with a 3" exhaust, E39A VR4 front mount and 15psi it went pretty sweet! Copped a mega thrashing and it eventually lost compression in a cylinder though.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
It has a Porsche like profile from the rear 3/4 panel.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Some are too hard to find, or all too hard to find in general.

Some guy on has one listed on carsales, and the asking price is 47,000... Even with all the work that was done to it - that guy is bloody dreaming.

I loved it when i bought it a couple weeks before it was featured on Top Gear! :D

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Does anyone know what I could get for my starion?

Its a 82 JA. 5 Spd, LSD, 235,000km.

Not running. Needs: Fuel pump.

Condition = Not good but not terrible.

Drivers side seat cracked. Previously did run (not under my ownership).

Average price guide listed for Starion between 450,000-700,000km $2,300-5,000

What would mine be worth? I want to ask 2k flat...

merlin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
Evolution IX
Hey Shannon, old heads - different venu eh!

Jimmy, with a LSD it is deff worth $2k, but as a non-running car, not much more. Really depends on the rust.

My JA had to go so I could get the Evo - still love the look of the widbody - dont want to be working on one ALL the time.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Cheers Merlin, rust is non-exsistant. How much are the glass boots worth, I know they're hard to get.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
I still have my JB Starion that i bought bak in 2002 its a 85 leaded not unleaded mint red interior and is grey on silver sleeping in my garage last 4yrs. Has LSD anti skid lock up (delete) package i am secound owner bought in from old guy (70s) won 2 cups back in 03 EVO/GSR car club never will part with it love it too death. Daily is an 02 Galant vr4 but plan on handing it down one day too my kids. Keep the Starion alive Starion owners and remember that Ralliart was started by and worn on the mighty Starions

Top Bottom