MMCS yes or no

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
hey ppl am looking for next ride, and i am just wundering what ppl's thought r on MMCS.
Is it ant good?
what can it do?
what can it be made to do?
should i just chase a single din set-up

G

Unregistered
I like it, touchscreen is fun & looks impressive.

But the only usable features are the climate control, CD stacker (if you have one), cassette & radio (needs a frequency expander to convert to pickup local stations).

The GPS can't be used here.

Optional TV tuner, can't pick up local stations but does have video input (for my reversing camera) and audio input, which I plug an MP3 player into.

My car came with MMCS, I'll be keeping it. I'm not a car audio nut and am easily satisfied.

However... If you found a car that you really liked, don't knock it back for lack of MMCS :)

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I think it is OK but if you want MP3 etc you need to update to something aftermarket but can't. You are stuck with the MMCS coz of the A/C and heater controls. That is the reason i didn't want it.

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
oh so once i have mmcs i am stuck with it

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah I'm with the other guys. Not the biggest fan, looks cool for a little while but gets old when the only audio you can play is cd's. Your not stuck with it apparently. You can change the centre console to the double din setup as the normal climate control just plugs straight in. I havnt done this mod yet but will be when I finnish my move to Darwin and settle down again. Someone else on here has done it. I wouldn't go out of my way to get a car with mmcs.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I prefer to have it, much easier to use and looks the goods. Can also see the car driving around japan and the sat nav screen goes dark when you have your lights on to simulate night time. You can also change the tape head unit to a single din unit with whatever set up you like

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I think i would enjoy it but i love my gadgets (i realise that MMCS is one) and have aftermarket GPS/DVD. If i didn't really care i would go for the MMCS and if it is as easy as just swapping the control unit and no wiring is needed, then that wouldn't be a deal breaker if i liked the car.

Top Bottom