Modern Regularity Nov 6th

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Jeez thanks Kym :p Yes, i didnt realise i needed tow triangles but the masking tape and texta was ok'ed by scrutineering.

Im glad i got 2 consistent 1.31s but you can see i had to back off after that cos she got a tad warm :( Also may need to replace brake pads, they sound a bit glazed over/grate-y - and a blast of air just now didnt reveal any sand/rocks stuck in there. With better suspension and tyres i would easily be into the high 1.20s

Lee - Didnt see any knock, the engine light came on around the fast corner around the back (4??) but would disappear as soon as i backed off the throttle a bit - it wasnt flashing, it was constant, im wondering if there was something with the oil supply? Didnt run the Evoscan, forgot completely about it. and CEL? Will have to let you know about fri night, need to get the boost/exhaust leak fixed before even thinking about it. Getting a bit worried i might not even be ready for dyno day now :(

hey Joooooooooon...........:)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
'I see' said the blind man

I guess i answered that Q in the sentence prior then

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Yup my guess is you had it loaded in 4th round the back kink and it may be knocking at that point thus why logging it would be ideal at that time. Oh well we'll have to try replicate it when tuning next

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
He was running third in the championship, not sure where he ended up overall. I was right behind him in 2 sessions, he was able to brake about a second after me and throw it around the corner much quicker than i could. But he struggled for top speed, where i was doing 170, he'd only make 140

However, he was super consistent with his times (you get more points the further you are above or below your times) so was doing really well. Thats what makes this event so fun, its not about all out speed

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
The Yaris driver Geoff is my mates boss, great knowledgeable guy, very involved with the Austin7 club. His Yaris consitently puts to shame much more powerful cars. It's quite funny watching it be quicker than Porsches and the look on their faces.

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
Sounds like it was a good day (minus your mechanical issues Dion), pity I was not at home to come along.
What happened to you Jon?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I paid for a set of wheels to fit my semis on about 2 weeks ago and the dude never sent them. They only rocked up late yesterday. My daily wheels/tyres are only Westlakes so there is no way I was running on them lol. It was good though cos Dion was the Guinea Pig, I now know i WILL need 4 pots and rotors.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Were you planning on just running the stock brakes with some good pads/rotors Jon? Could be worth trying it out with some braided lines and some high quality fluid before you fork out for big brakes?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I have braided brake lines and filled up with good quality fluid before hand - it isnt really enough under those conditions (excellent for street though), the legnum is a HEAVY car and the calipers just didnt inspire 100% confidence. I was impressed with how well they did do though, only one or two times did i get a bit nervous

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
What rotors and pads are you running though Dion (EBC slotted and dimpled from memory?).

I was thinking that my DBA4000's (with braided lines and fresh fluid) with a more track orientated pad (ie A1RM's or EBC Yellows) would be ok for short durations on the track (currently running red's on the street, which are much better than the HPX's that they replaced)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Yep ebc slotted and drilled rotors with green stuff pads

Closer inspection has revelaed that i fried the pads on the front :( So perhaps more track like pads are required

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
ebc are cheap direct from the UK Dion. Only about $130-150 for reds or yellows....

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
I'd recommend Elig pads Dion. SKR stock them, awesome back for buck.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
Yeah EBC greens really arent up to the task of such a brake heavy track, especially on a heavier car.
A pad change will make a huge differeence next time your out

Top Bottom