EOI: Lakeside Happy Laps in Sept/Oct/Nov

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
Well we're halfway oct and near nov, i think its really close to it!

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
8th Generation 1996 Galant VR-4 Pre Facelift
Meanwhile this happened last Sunday the 20th November

htc4175.jpg

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Nice work Anthony. After a lot of talking shit by the rest of the QLD members here, you've stepped up and done it:p. Well done mate, how'd she go?

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
Nice work Anthony. After a lot of talking shit by the rest of the QLD members here, you've stepped up and done it:p. Well done mate, how'd she go?

Great thanks Simon; it was the street sprint series that Queensland Raceway's run my best time was 1:08.910.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
i need money before i get into the street sprints :(

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
funny thing is i want to buy another set for track lol

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
haha i actually reckon they'd be too big for the track. id like to find some 8.5+38 or 40 rims :O

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Great thanks Simon; it was the street sprint series that Queensland Raceway's run my best time was 1:08.910.

Great work Anthony!! Was that first time out?
Wanna post a short sum-up of you were happy with, if you could improve 2 things, what would they be- what you weren't happy with & what you would do different ly next time?
That way, it will get people thinking and hopefully learn from what you've done. Or not, but i'm interested to hear how the Leggy(and you) went:p

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
haha i actually reckon they'd be too big for the track. id like to find some 8.5+38 or 40 rims :O

I have a set of TE37 in +40 (no not the GTR rims, another set) that i'm going to trial fit and see how they look on the Leggy

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
You all suck, do you know how much track days cost down here?

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
Great work Anthony!! Was that first time out?
Wanna post a short sum-up of you were happy with, if you could improve 2 things, what would they be- what you weren't happy with & what you would do different ly next time?
That way, it will get people thinking and hopefully learn from what you've done. Or not, but i'm interested to hear how the Leggy(and you) went:p

It was my first time racing but I went to Lakeside for a general test day in September. Okay for the bad I would have to say the rear diff, because of the AYC the rear diff doesn’t really have enough room to breather as it were and when I went out on the test day I scuffed the crown and pinion gears because I only had normal diff oil in it so now my rear diff is a bit noisy. The AYC is a problem for the Evo's as well, most people that race a lot remove the AYC diff and put an LSD in it's place. You could possibly set up a rear diff cooler, if anyone wants to know more details on that please PM me. My Galant is stock so after market suspension would help corning a lot I wasn't unhappy with the way it corned just would like to be able to corner faster. Our cars were not designed for racing so it does put a lot of stress on it keep that in mind. Make sure you have some nice brake pads and as some people might have notice I have the stock rims on, why the stock rims you ask well semi slicks for a 16” rim cost a crap load less then ones for 18” rims. If you are going to go to the track buy some semi slicks the car well stay stuck to the tack a lot better. Also change you rear diff oil to a race grade one I use Castrol SAF-XA.

If you are going to Lakeside be aware it is a very tight track there is not much room for error almost none. It's an awesome track but if you go out with no respect for the track you will pay. I will be going out to Lakeside again next year PM me if you want to come along and watch / join in. I'm starting to fix up my gen 6 Galant and then I will be racing that because it is more suited to it, being a production model of a rally car and all.

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
You all suck, do you know how much track days cost down here?

The day cost me $200 for practice in the morning and sprints in the afternoon. This setup is only on certain Sundays (its called a super Sunday)

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Thats similar to our pricing but you guys get 30 dollar specials....

mpce

Crunching Gears
First Name
Anthony
Drive
Thats similar to our pricing but you guys get 30 dollar specials....

It's $145 for a normal sprint event. I'm not sure about the whole $30 thing but I prefer the sprint events because it's about racing and having fun with lots of different cars.

Top Bottom