Need help from a CAPS wizard.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I have kept forgetting about this.

I need the part num for the little clips that the door strips center on on the front passenger side door.

A part number for the door strip in purple would be awesome as well.

My door strip is a little warped, but I think with the clips it might be able to stay on.

The clips pop into 4? holes underneath the strip and kind of sit inside the strip rails so it stays in the right place.

Can someone look these up?

Once I have the part num I contact mitsu japan somehow? Or just my local parts place.

Thanks lads.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i need these too... i have the metal door liner things but they are held on the same way im pretty certain

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
I have no idea the part is. But it is called a Front scuff plate or (kick plate) as it has the 4 clips.
The clips you should be able to get new ones from the auto place,(take one in) Champion do spare packs of these. Do you have a repco store over the ditch?

The correct way to remove them is to use a trim tool, its like a fork on a bent screw driver, the bend is for leverage. OR use a wide flat head screw driver, insert it flat against the clip/plug and twist the screw driver to pop the clip/plug.

They only come in black or alluminum.

Some times the alloy ones might be taped on, but yes they all come off the same way.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
factory option :p they say GALANT on them and everything ;) look hawt.

Top Bottom