Need some advice

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I was watching a few performance car videos on you tube and I had an idea on what I might want to do with the Galant.

With a hand from a mate that knows photoshop, did a draft on what a couple of carbon fibre bits might look like.

All opinions are welcome.

CF Bonnet.jpg

CF Boot.jpg

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
I think CF bonnet looks good. maybe vented as well. My personal choice is monster bonnet.

If you end up doing bonnet and trunk, maybe side mirror too?

PS: I recognize the location 2nd pic was taken :).

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
if you are doing the boot and the hood, do the roof as well. having said that, i think it cheapens the overall look of the car unless its full on hella flush hektik all round with huge offset rims and scrapage

less is more

mcs

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1997 Galant VR-4
Do whatever you like mate, everyone had their own tastes, I personally like everything one colour.

Cheers Mark.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Black/carbon and white is a classic combo,
done dodgily/shit looks cheap and tacky.
done properly, looks mint.

just be aware of the legalities of Carbon body panels, especially on a white car in NSW, it'll stand out like dogs balls.
ive considered the idea of a carbon bonnet myself(though on a black car) but decided against it,
instead I bought $140 wheel nuts haha

But yeah, main points are
its your car, do as you like and
just a heads up that you'll probably become good mates with the local constabulary.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Just my 2c...bonnet in CF looks great but not wrapped..esp not on a stock bonnet...u will need an Evo or monster type bonnet...CF mirror covers will also look sweet...boot lid again needs to be real CF and not wrapped...

personally I would get a fibreglass bonnet and paint it white...

but as everyone has said it's yr car and beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I was going to do some Carbon rapping. Which I know is the cheap way out, I just wanted to know opinions on the look. Something abit different.

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Obviously every one has opinions but I agree "mcs" I like a car with one colour is best, "maybe" just carbon wrap the roof only would look okay, but im not feeling those wheels and making that photo not look good with the bonnet and boot.

theres a member here "chocco" that has done the roof only and his got a white car like yours, his one looks nice and has nice wheels to suit.

here :

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
I am going to change those wheels over. I don’t think they suit the way I want the car to look.

In saying that, chocco's car is simillar to what I want. I could do the roof around the sunroof lol.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Unless everything else about the car is awesome, wheels, low, ganadors etc I think it looks a bit ricey. If your gonna add some race type accessories I think you need to be committed to it, doesn't work if you only go half way.

But as others have said, its your car so at the end of the day who cares what we think.

Interloper

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2000 Legnum S Man, NX Paj, CBR1000RRSP2, CRF450
I think do what you like also, def change wheels to suit 2c

mills_88

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Matt
Drive
Toyota Supra RZ - The Project
Holden Commodore SS VF Series 2 - The Daily
I agree with the above, the car has to have the whole look. Wheels, suspension, few other bits and pieces before you can pull off carbon or it just looks a bit weird.

Basically it has to be integrated into the design and feel of the car which can be easier said than done.

staticc

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 Galant VR4
It has the suspension, I dont think it needs to go too low, but the rims are not the JDM I'm after.

I was after some ideas that I didn't think of, to go with opinions on the Carbon Fibre. And I have a few ideas, and the Carbon Fibre roof is going to be the last thing, as the crowning part. I had a look around and I saw an Evo style bonnet that I like better then the Carbon Fibre pictured.

Top Bottom