Need some help about BOV

G

Unregistered
hi
is there someone know that how to adjust the bov
i've got a turbosmart type-1 bov on my legnum
it can turn to set soft or hard

is that too hard will damage the turbo

will it relax the pressure every time when i stop boost ( if i set it too soft or too hard )?

thx for answer.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
The harder you set the BOV the less it will vent when you lift off the throttle. This means you will have more air compressing in the inlet tract between your compressor and throttle body.

Only in high boost applications will this pose any real problems for your turbo. On the other hand the softer you set it the more it will vent and consequently confuse your MAF signal which will lead to rich a/f mixtures, poor economy, and sometimes backfiring on lift-off.

G

Unregistered
The harder you set the BOV the less it will vent when you lift off the throttle. This means you will have more air compressing in the inlet tract between your compressor and throttle body.

Only in high boost applications will this pose any real problems for your turbo. On the other hand the softer you set it the more it will vent and consequently confuse your MAF signal which will lead to rich a/f mixtures, poor economy, and sometimes backfiring on lift-off.

but if i set it hard , will the air come back and damage my turbo?

stock turbo in vr4

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
" Only in high boost applications will this pose any real problems for your turbo."

Top Bottom