new to Legnums

G

Unregistered
hey guys new to Legnums (VR4s) but absolutley love them!!!. few questions.

1. how do they deal with the melbourne climate? i would imagine fine most of the year.

2. what are some of the major problems run into with these cars? i think i would get the tiptronic auto but the manual is never out of the question.

3. who the hell are u insured with?!

and 4. ive noticed alot of ppl have said they had skylines before these. do these perform as good better worse? and y didnt u get a stagea?

Thanks Tim

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
Hey Tim,

Welcome!

1 - They are fine with the Melbourne climate, so far anyway. Dont forget that these cars have not been around for a full 12 months yet so dont expect too much data on that one.

2 - Gly or Brad our freindly NZ resources will be able to shed more light on this one, but from most of my readin on here, the Auto is not "great" but seems to be holding fine in mine, I would suggest if youw were looking for a Legnum then look for one with the least amount of owners possible and genuine low kms from a reputable importer who can offer you the Condition Report on the car, showing the kms at time of auction.

3 - There is an insurance Thread, so use the search button and have a read, personally I am insured with Shanons rating one over 30 $800.

4 - The reason ex Skyline people are buying these is most likely because they are sick of getting beaten by Legnums! lol I dont know mate, prolly just interested in Jap imports, love the idea of it being quick in standard trim, and NOT being the same as every other tosser out there in an R33 GTS with a FMIC and a BOV!

Enjoy your stay mate!

Nick

G

Unregistered
yea fair enough + the Legnum looks so much sportier sexier sleaker then the stagea

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Main problem with auto....96 anyway- White Vaccum Solenoid cracking and causing TCL and Engine light to come on but this is very easily fixed.
I am insured with Just Car Insurance but Shannons sounds pretty good..might have to look at that one.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Hey Mate,

To answer a few of your questions;

1. I don't live in Melbourne, so cannot comment.
2. Only had the car for a little while, so cannot comment.
3. Insured with Just Cars - $850, over 30 rating 1
4. Changed to a Legnum from a skyline as third child is nearly here. Legnums look better than Stagea. Legnums are cheaper than Stageas of same year. Performance of a Legnum is arguably better than a Stagea, although mods for a stagea are easier to source and easier to upgrade.. Accelleration is very smooth compared with the skyline (no lag in the Legnum). I didn't think I would like the 4wd as much as I am. Cornering can be so much fun.

Mike

G

Unregistered
yea legnums crap on stagea's for looks and interior as well imo. thanks for that ill keep looking around for a Legnum and more data on them

Top Bottom