New wheels; opinions, photoshop welcome.

W

w1k3d

Unregistered
Hey all,

Looking at getting some wheels; considering my options as evo wheels are so hard to find and nice and expensive. :)

I have standard suspension so looking for suggestions for offset etc. If you are handy @ photoshop feel free to photoshop some for me :)

volknova_silver_00-1.jpg

volknova_black_00-1.jpg

Going on:

legnum_side.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Well I know the last 3 will definitely look good on the Legnum, as they look pretty similar to the stock ones on there (shape and design).. hehe.. so they'll look great, espec in black or silver!

Not a huge one on gold/bronze, but can look schmick!

My vote, I reckon the second or third ones! (Second down, the black 5 spoke ones and third down, silver double spoke ones)

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
i dunno bout gold, my fav ones are the second ones but i woouldnt put any of those on a black car, i would be almost looking for white rims or a nice shadow chrome, but then again the black may look alright

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
I'll help with the photoshop but can you take another photo of your car on a slight angle to match the wheels?

MUNGEL

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jess
Drive
99 Series II Legnum
Well I know the last 3 will definitely look good on the Legnum, as they look pretty similar to the stock ones on there (shape and design).. hehe.. so they'll look great, espec in black or silver!

Not a huge one on gold/bronze, but can look schmick!

My vote, I reckon the second or third ones! (Second down, the black 5 spoke ones and third down, silver double spoke ones)

seconded :)
Leaning more towards the second one down tho

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
Brett, not sure how to link to my ride but if you have a look at it you can get an idea what 5 spoke black 18s with shiny shiny dish would look like on your black beast
and again mine aint lowered (I think its raised LOL!) so you can get an idea how they would look
They are 18 x 8.5 with offset 40 (I think)

hope this helps

edit: OK I had a blonde moment, here is the link to my baby...
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4228&highlight=alex

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Chop Chop.

Obviously the wheel angle is pov. Lowered and tinted fronts (Don't look too close).

legnum_sidecopy2.jpg

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
IMO fake 3 piece wheels always look, well, fake. And fake Volks look, you guessed it, fake.

You could probably do better. If you're after budget wheels, how about the DTM Rush for $1,320?

DTM_rush_chromeblk.jpg

A mate has these on his Skyline and they look very nice in the flesh. Yes, I know they're fake Gravity Gullflames, but still. For a cheap wheel they are great. They are available in a very aggressive offset (that will sit 3mm further out than mine) so would require guard rolling (not flaring) or stretched 215s, but would look very tough.

If that's a bit too aggressive for you, the DTM Z7 is $1,210 and available in 18x8.5 +35 which is ideal.

Z7_bronzebrwnca.jpg

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Here is a pic of my car (unchopped) with wheels similar to the bronze ones you attached)

10122008188.jpg

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
My bro already has that second set you listed (black five-spoke) on his car ('02 black legnum). I'd send you a pic if I had one, only his car is diiiiirty and I don't think it's fair to tarnish the good name of a VR4 like that :banghead:

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Brett, your car is such a fine example of a black, pre-facelift Legnum.
Honestly, It deserves better wheels than what you posted up.

I have to agree with Tim, fake wheels usually look... fake. Especially the Rays copies :(

Scope out the second hand scene and look for some reputable Japanese wheels.
Try searching through Ebay, Yahoo Auctions, local forums and local Japanese part importers in your city.
In a lot of cases, you can find great second hand, reputable wheels for the same price as you would pay for lesser quality brand new ones.

Bronze wheels would look absolutely stunning on your car.

If you don't have the cash at the moment, keep saving until you have enough put aside.

Just remember, wheel choice is extremely important and should never be overlooked as they represent your taste, your car and it's value.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Third one down looks shadow chrome

If you get DTM rush, i'll happily steal them off you :) hahaha.. I want them!

Buy my wheels, so I can get DTM rush :p

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
If that's a bit too aggressive for you, the DTM Z7 is $1,210 and available in 18x8.5 +35 which is ideal.

Z7_bronzebrwnca.jpg

Do these come in other colours? When I get fed up with cleaning my current wheels (probably about the time my tyres will be due for replacement)... I might just replace them. I am a fan of 7-spoke wheels and these Z7s look very easy to clean! :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yep they're also available in gunmetal, and if you wanted other colours (may I suggest white on a purple car?) powdercoating usually isn't very expensive. I seem to remember that the seller of these, Access Autoworks, were offering powdercoating for about $200 a set.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
so whats the choices..

- fake GT-C's
- fake XT7's
- fake mutated Emotions

i hope they are going on a fake vr4 lol.

seriously just go genuine wheels. they arnt that much more expensive, actually cheaper if 2nd hand. in the long run they will last longer and wont need repairs.

oh and how is stock suspension and offset a concern? these are very important.. u cant just chuck on anything, u need wheels that actually correctly FIT.

Top Bottom