Next Event Discussion Thread

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Not as yet, but hopefully "Soon". I'll be out of the loop for a bit when the first kid arrives sometime in July!

chiliie

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
john
Drive
99 legnum VR4
Vic boys.. [merged with "Next Event Discussion Thread"]

Hey guys.

Seeing that we've all been relatively busy over the past year so, I was thinking its time for us all to get out and have a cruise or gathering/day out with our beloved cars.

weather is good enuf for it.. Plus it would be a great to finally meet and greet all the new vr4 owners, whom their seem to be a few of...

So I thought I'd just throw it out there as an idea...
Any thoughts?!
Cheers

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Time to resurrect this idea for some time in January perhaps after all the Christmas shenanigans?

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
How about something more adventurous?

Apollo Bay

BUT! We take the back roads (Cape Otway Road, Birregurra-Forrest Road, Forrest-Apollo Bay Road, Wild Dog Creek Road).

Well-sealed (except for one section at the beginning of Cape Otway Road) and some great twisties over the Otway Ranges. We pop out just before Apollo Bay on the east.

I've done this run a few times and it's great to drive. The initial cruise from Melbourne to Geelong is great for in-car moving photo-ops as well.

Just ideas :)

OZVR4.JPG

Round trip is just under 400km if you start from Docklands. The servo at Apollo Bay doesn't have 98RON fuel last time I was there, so we topped up the tanks on the return leg via the Great Ocean Road at Torquay before splitting up and heading our own way.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I like the route because it's signposted at 80 to 100km/h and it's highly unlikely that you'll get the tourists going through there on the way down.

A break/photos at Apollo Bay before taking the relatively stress-free drive back through the Great Ocean Road. I've done this as a cruise before (not with OZVR4) and with a large group, you can get split up on the way down to the bypass around Geelong.

There is a BP petrol station before Avalon Airport that we can use as a rally point if things get too fragmented or if people from that direction can meet us if we are leaving from the city.

[edit] John, hope you don't mind me merging the thread!

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I would love to do this if all my bugs are ironed out. Only like $2k to spend. Haha.

Pantera6

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
CE
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type-S Manual w/ Recaros + Momo Wheel + Moonroof + Roofrails
I'm keen... Haven't had an opportunity yet to meet up with the club! I've done this trip (to Cape Otaway) through the back-roads - what an awesome drive! Looking forward to when these plans firm up!:drool:

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
One of the best kept secrets isn't it? Less of the slow-mo tourists and kamikaze enthusiasts too on the Great Ocean Road.

Whilst this is in the works...

ALL JAPAN DAY (Adelaide, Sunday 10th March 2013).

With a Labour Day Public Holiday on Monday the 11th. I'm going.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
Anyone up for another wash meet either the week coming up or week after? Tuesdays and Wednesdays aren't good for me.

Looks like the cruise may have hit a speed bump.

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
I'm in if it's a weekend, day jobs suck lol

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
Nights aren't good for you? Weekends are fine, I'm just busy 3 - 5 on sundays

Frenche

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
1998 Legnum VR-4
1988 Mazda MX-6 Turbo
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6
Nights are ok I guess, I finish work at 4:30-5pm, woulda take over an hour to get to the cbd, even more for eastern suburbs. Living here sucks sometimes.

Top Bottom