No more waiting!!

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
After 3 month my Baby is finally home! I piked it up yesterday. I was very happy than but when i went to get a registration done today it was a different story. I got there at 8.30 this morning and didnt leave till 1pm!!!!!!!!!!!! The lady who was inspecting my car was old,fat and blind!! She ask me show her the engine number. So i told where the number is. But she want it to see it so i had to show it to her. I told her i am not a mec and you wont be able to see it. So to make a long story short i went to the mec to find a number for me. He came with me and told her that he has to pull all the pipes to get to the number. She said he can do it at the carpark! Mec thought she was joking!! At the end she told him to take the car and do it at the shop. And he has to write me a certificat. So after all that shit i got my car registered. All up 4 and 1/2 hours at the QLD transport!! How did you guys go with registration? Any problems?
Taras

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
That sucks Taras! The girl who did mine just took my word that it was there somewhere :) It was stinking hot and she couldn't be bothered standing round in the car park lol.

Look forward to seeing it in a few weeks (or soon if you want to organise a GC meet somewhere)!

cheers

Lee

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
I had trouble with rego too.
And yeah - finding the engine number creates massive difficulties, especially if you don't know where it is to begin with.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I was supost to be at work at 10am got there at 2pm. But boss was ok with it. He told she was a f... c..t!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
maybe she was.. or maybe she's having one of those bad days that she decided to put it out on someone else's shoulder.. loser..

good to hear you got your car.. i guess we'll be seeing you on the 25th?!

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Oh yes. I will be there.lol

maybe she was.. or maybe she's having one of those bad days that she decided to put it out on someone else's shoulder.. loser..

good to hear you got your car.. i guess we'll be seeing you on the 25th?!

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Taras - I heard that your car was all done from the workshop! Hope you're enjoying it mate! Make sure you take some photos and make a new thread in the Member's Rides section!

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
i will. I am a bit flat out with work but will wash and polish the car this weekend. So pics are coming.

Taras - I heard that your car was all done from the workshop! Hope you're enjoying it mate! Make sure you take some photos and make a new thread in the Member's Rides section!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Dude glad to hear you got it on the road in the end... sorry to hear about the bitch :(

When I took my car through I knew exactly where the engine number was, so when the inspector asked I pointed to the correct area and said 'down there between those pipes on the side of the block.' He got a light on a flexible wand and was able to read it right off. Took all of about five minutes to find and confirm.

Guys for future reference there's a guide on here showing you EXACTLY where the engine number is (I think Emanual put it up if I remember correctly?). Familiarise yourself with it, or even better, print it out and take it with you when you go for registration. Could save yourself five hours :rolleyes:

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I am busy with work even on the weekends but i think we sould meet up at BTWC some Saturday.

That sucks Taras! The girl who did mine just took my word that it was there somewhere :) It was stinking hot and she couldn't be bothered standing round in the car park lol.

Look forward to seeing it in a few weeks (or soon if you want to organise a GC meet somewhere)!

cheers

Lee

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
She gave me a litle miror and torch with a small yelow light. The batery in torch was almost dead. I asked her for better torch but she said thats all they had!! Just everythink was wrong. She was keep saing ohh...its an import. Blha,blha,blha.... Damn bitch.

Dude glad to hear you got it on the road in the end... sorry to hear about the bitch :(

When I took my car through I knew exactly where the engine number was, so when the inspector asked I pointed to the correct area and said 'down there between those pipes on the side of the block.' He got a light on a flexible wand and was able to read it right off. Took all of about five minutes to find and confirm.

Guys for future reference there's a guide on here showing you EXACTLY where the engine number is (I think Emanual put it up if I remember correctly?). Familiarise yourself with it, or even better, print it out and take it with you when you go for registration. Could save yourself five hours :rolleyes:

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
One more thing. What did u guys do when u got your car? Did u put it in for service or just check what is wrong with the car? I will change oil and filter on Sunday but i am sure i need to do more than that.
Taras

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Oil change!
Engine, tranny and diff as soon as you can.

Then drive and enjoy. You'll soon pick up any other area's of concern.

np - the people working at the rego office are just doing their job. It must look dodgey coming in with an imported car with no engine number. Seriously, imagine how much crap they have to put up with every week - with deadbeats trying to register stolen/rebirthed rubbish. And abusive customers complaining over fines and fees.
Give them a break - and watch your language on the forum please.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
No probs. mate. Just dont understand when u are doing road worthy they check the engine number anyway. So how can it be dodgey? It doesnt matter now. I am just happy to get the car on the road.

Oil change!
Engine, tranny and diff as soon as you can.

Then drive and enjoy. You'll soon pick up any other area's of concern.

np - the people working at the rego office are just doing their job. It must look dodgey coming in with an imported car with no engine number. Seriously, imagine how much crap they have to put up with every week - with deadbeats trying to register stolen/rebirthed rubbish. And abusive customers complaining over fines and fees.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
While I agree with the sentiment, there's absolutely no reason this particular person should have been so difficult. The engine number takes a couple of minutes to find and read off, its really not that hard. Her JOB is to find and record it, not whinge, complain and make other people do her work for her. I've taken cars for registration six times now and never had a problem with the people that work there, even when they've given me bad news. This woman is an exception and I think Taraska is perfectly justified in his complaints.

One more thing. What did u guys do when u got your car? Did u put it in for service or just check what is wrong with the car? I will change oil and filter on Sunday but i am sure i need to do more than that.
Taras
Dude I personally did a complete lube service (engine, diff, transfer case, AYC diff) bar the PS fluid which I'll get on to eventually (it's pretty hard for PS to get screwed up as it works on hydraulic pressure rather than lubrication) and spark plugs before I registered and started driving it, and I strongly recommend you do the same. The number of people who have complained of issues purely because of lubrication breakdown or spark plug deterioration is insane - you have no idea how long it's been since a full service was done on the car, so do yourself (and the car) a favour and do it all properly.

Also if the car's done over 80,000kms and hasn't had the belts (including timing) replaced, I recommend you look into getting this done within the next six months or so. If the car's done well over 100,000kms and hasn't had it done, then do it ASAP.

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
The engine number takes a couple of minutes to find and read off, its really not that hard. Her JOB is to find and record it, not whinge, complain and make other people do her work for her.

I had the same issue when registering mine. I couldn't find it. They couldn't find it. The mechanic who did the roadworthy never found it either.
After about 40 minutes of stuffing about with torches and stuff, still no luck.
Patience was the key. I even called home and asked my mum to search this site for the 'engine number' info. No results (August last year)

The Vic Roads worker went back to her office and ended up printing an info sheet on our cars from their records - which has a diagram pointing to the number. Still couldn't find it. In the end, they let me through - but (as angry as I would have been) it was totally within their rights to knock my car back. In hindsight, maybe they should have!

Their job is to register legal and roadworthy cars. If more people like her did their job properly, car theft would not be an issue in this country.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
Thanks mate. I am getting timing belt and spark plugs done next month. I think i need to replace my fan belt. Can i get it in Australia or i have to get it of ebay?

While I agree with the sentiment, there's absolutely no reason this particular person should have been so difficult. The engine number takes a couple of minutes to find and read off, its really not that hard. Her JOB is to find and record it, not whinge, complain and make other people do her work for her. I've taken cars for registration six times now and never had a problem with the people that work there, even when they've given me bad news. This woman is an exception and I think Taraska is perfectly justified in his complaints.

Dude I personally did a complete lube service (engine, diff, transfer case, AYC diff) bar the PS fluid which I'll get on to eventually (it's pretty hard for PS to get screwed up as it works on hydraulic pressure rather than lubrication) and spark plugs before I registered and started driving it, and I strongly recommend you do the same. The number of people who have complained of issues purely because of lubrication breakdown or spark plug deterioration is insane - you have no idea how long it's been since a full service was done on the car, so do yourself (and the car) a favour and do it all properly.

Also if the car's done over 80,000kms and hasn't had the belts (including timing) replaced, I recommend you look into getting this done within the next six months or so. If the car's done well over 100,000kms and hasn't had it done, then do it ASAP.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
To get through quickly... show up about ten to fifteen minutes before closing time. They just want to go home and just believe you that the engine number is correct. May be a little dodgy, but I was in and out in about 20minutes.

G

Unregistered
Which office did you go through Taraska? Strathpine office probably gets a regular procession of Legnums due to the proximity of Shogun, Carmen and some other import yards. The chick who did my car there took a few seconds and even showed ME where to find it. She knew exactly where to find it because she had registered a Legnum the day before mine.

The only hassle I had was that she made me turn off the engine and the battery was completely dead from 6 months in Shogun. That made my day at 4:30pm.

Top Bottom