NOT HAPPY JAN!

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
1998 Legnum Super VR-4 in Red :D
My Leggie this morning started griding in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, ran it into the local mechanic, who thinks its the gearbox, which would make sense, once she changes into 4th, she's fine :'( At least its covered by warranty! Still doesn't help with me needing the car for work, i'll be driving a mirage until it's fixed lol!

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
lol i've been good, me and the missus split about 2 months ago, but other than that, just been working hard, you know how it is, the fulid was done at the last service, she's overdue now, by about 300k's, but the guy i normally get her done at has gone out of business :( she was booked in for tomorrow, but she didn't make it that far!

Bugger! bloody mirage 1.4 auto is a heap of shite, no power, no acceleration and piss poor to drive, but beats walking i suppose :p

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Not good news Alan! Hopefully not too expensive for you to get fixed!

And hopefully it won't take 7 months :banghead:

Edit - Sounds like your smaller sun gear is dead BTW.... Its the one used for lower gears

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
ok thanks Dawso! lol it shouldn't cost me a cent to repair, i have a 3 year warranty on the car :) i'll let you all know tomorrow, when i drop it off for repair.

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
yeh, so true, but they seemed very helpful on the phone! anyone here had dealings with premium auto warrantys?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
yeh, so true, but they seemed very helpful on the phone! anyone here had dealings with premium auto warrantys?

/waves

Read about the last 6 pages of my 2000 Legnum members page (Link in my sig)

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
Ok, well, dropped the car into Saddletons Automatics this morning, he reckons it will take 3 or 4 days to repair :D but the warranty only covers the first $1000 :'( the repair could be $2000 -> $2500 depending on what they find!

I will keep you posted :(

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

Not the Red Super !!!!!

Best of luck getting it fixed Alan. Having my own problems with my Super too. Must be that time of the month mate !

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Supers are Super problems but I still wouldn't mind having one.

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
ok, update, the gearbox has shredded teeth, there are bits of metal all over the place... waiting for a price at the moment, however, he reckons, i'm looking at in his words 'at least $3000' :(

Hmmm........... I Wonder, manual conversion time? lol

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
ok, update, the gearbox has shredded teeth, there are bits of metal all over the place... waiting for a price at the moment, however, he reckons, i'm looking at in his words 'at least $3000' :(

Hmmm........... I Wonder, manual conversion time? lol

Tell him to go rape himself for that price...... You could find another box or do a manual conversion for less than that.

Was it the smaller sun gear, or didn't he tell you?

Also, 99% of the parts are compatible from the F5A51 box which was released in Magna's.... That might help the price a bit too

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
yeh i thought it was a bit steep, only problem is, the car is in bits, at the moment, he didn't mention the sun gear... Might give him a ring, thanks for the info on the Magna though, might give him a ring and mention that ;)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I've got a gearbox here I'll sell for $700 plus freight. A manual red super would be very hot though :D

anphoto

Crunching Gears
First Name
Alan
Drive
brad, that gearbox, is it working?? just been quoted $4900 for the rebuild.......

Top Bottom