Skylines Australia Club QR Happy Laps 19-09-15

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hi guys,

I'm a member of SAUQld and have been tagging along on their events for a while now, they have no issue with other car makes attending, the more the merrier.

I think its about time they got to see there is more than 1 VR4 in QLD...

Its a great chance to get out on a safe track (as opposed to lakeside..) just don't be stupid.

Breakfast is included in the price: Bacon, eggs etc.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Taken from SAU Page:
Event:

Happy Laps - Queensland Raceway

Description:
A chance to get out on track for a fun cruise and have some om nom noms! Bit of spirited driving is allowed but it is still an event on a race track so a few rules need to be followed (see below). Also if you have not done QR before this is your ticket in to Lakeside.

Map

Date:
Saturday the 19th of September.

Time:
7:00 AM Arrival

Cost:
$50 for non SAU members
Please note that this is a per person cost, any passengers etc are required to pay as well.

Requirements:
1. QR have a minimum age of 12 for passengers.

2. No overtaking in the first 2 laps.

3. The overtaking car is responsible for completing the overtaking move safely.

4. Overtaking is only permitted on straights, unless clearly waved passed by the car in front.

5. Overtaking move must be completed well before the end of the straight, and the car being overtaken must be given plenty of room.

6. Cars should not be more than 2 abreast at any point on the track.

7. Be aware of cars around you, in front and behind (and beside when being overtaken).

8. Do not assume that the car in front of you knows you are there.

QR RULES

10. There is to be no racing

11. The straights are speed limited to 120km/h ('Officially', there is no radar, just don't look too fast or loud)

12. Any car that goes off the track will be pulled off

13. There is not to be more than 1 sec of tyre smoke.

14. There are to be no helmets

15. Vehicles must have current registration and number plates are not to be obscured in anyway

Payment Details:
Name:
Skylines Australia Queensland Club
Bank: Westpac
BSB: 034 063
ACC: 354012
PAYMENT REFERENCE: Username&HappyLaps
__________________________________________________________________________________
When paid, let me know your Ozvr4 username on here and I will pass it on for reference.

stirlz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stirling
Drive
1998 vr4 galant
Stink FIFO life always miss the good stuff. But 120ks the skylines would have only just warmed up let alone our VR4's would be awesome fun though

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
My speedo stops working at 120kph for some reason, but I know thats what it says coming out of the corner into the main straight...

^That's how QR likes us to talk for insurance purposes. I can't stress that enough.

Trust me guys its a lot of fun, there is 0 chance that any of our cars will be the fastest there...
On the straights anyway.

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
How long on the track and how do you sign up??
IE what paper work and details do they need

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Usually works out at 30 mins on the track, but they have been known to let us go longer depending what else is on that day

30 mins is usually a safe amount of time not to break anything :D (like top radiator hoses at the 55 minute mark for me that one time...)

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Enter the track, drive around till they say to come off, I normally let everyone go past so I can smash it thru corners.

Smurph

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Symond
Drive
1997 VR4 Galant PFL
Sounds good, I'm pretty keen but not 100% when is the latest I can enter

Top Bottom