[NSW] Full Custom Exhaust with downpipes (From Windsor Exhaust in Richmond)

G

Unregistered
Is it common practice to weld the front end pipes to the front of the CAT and bolt the other end. ?????????????????

Doesn't seem right to me. I think both my cars you can unbolt and remove the CAT if needed.
I guess they could of added another flange so the cat could be removed.
But for me i probably would never remove the cat anyway.
They could alway still cut and add a flange later if needed so it could be done.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I'll give them a call tomorrow, see what they can quote me WOO

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
They're definitely painted. My catback was done in mild and after a couple of dyno sessions in 35 degree heat the paint came off half of it. Mild steel looks pretty average unpainted.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I don't know what paint they use for their exhausts, but my old magna's exhaust never lost the paint (even on the extractors) even after serious thrashing. So they use a good paint.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I ended up getting my 3" catback system from Liverpool Exhausts with a high-flow cat and new muffler for $850..

Plus the RPW dump pipes for around $400.. So all up, $1250 for my system and I'm pretty happy with that..

Just incase anyone wanted to know other options?

G

Unregistered
All I know is Windsor exhuast has had to fix a lot of liverpool exhuast's work as they have had a few customers come in that have had work done there.
I think more to do with the dump pipes and extractors liverpool make. But hey your exhuast sounds like its great with RPW dump and all.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Haha really? Well hopefully that doesn't happen to me LOL

But yeah, for the record, I'm not company biased at all so I won't go saying pro and con to companies in this topic :)

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
I ended up getting my 3" catback system from Liverpool Exhausts with a high-flow cat and new muffler for $850..

Plus the RPW dump pipes for around $400.. So all up, $1250 for my system and I'm pretty happy with that..

Tom.

How did you find the exhaust from Liverpool Exhausts in terms of:

a) Power - both perceived and actual (did you get a before and after dyno test?);

b) Response througout the rev range e.g. is most of the response at the top end or does the car boost and accelerate earlier in the rev range?

c) Noise - both in terms of overall volume and whether there is any droning when cruising at highway speeds.

d) Scraping - does any part of the exhaust scrape on speed bumps, driveways etc?

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Emmanual, can I also trouble you to give some feedback on the Windsor Exhaust job? I.e:

a) Power - both perceived and actual (did you get a before and after dyno test?);

b) Response througout the rev range e.g. is most of the response at the top end or does the car boost and accelerate earlier in the rev range?

c) Noise - both in terms of overall volume and whether there is any droning when cruising at highway speeds.

d) Scraping - does any part of the exhaust scrape on speed bumps, driveways etc?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Haha really? Well hopefully that doesn't happen to me LOL

But yeah, for the record, I'm not company biased at all so I won't go saying pro and con to companies in this topic :)

Tom you'll be fine. The problems with Liverpool Exhaust I've heard about have only ever been from extractors and manifolds, not cat-back exhausts.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Tom.

How did you find the exhaust from Liverpool Exhausts in terms of:

a) I had to turn the boost down due to boost cut, but the power felt the same as if it were still turned up without the exhaust system fitted.. :) Perceived power it feels faster, but I can't back that up with figures as I don't know!

b) The car feels more responsive low down, higher ranges it still picks up pretty quickly

c) The car sounds the same as it did before with the hurricane muffler I had already had fitted, just there is an even deeper note.. and no droning, which i'm happy about.. I didn't want a real loud or annoying sounding car!

d) I don't scrape anywhere :) It doesn't hang that low underneath either.. After I get springs I can update this too lol.. But that'll be a while!

G

Unregistered
Emmanual, can I also trouble you to give some feedback on the Windsor Exhaust job? I.e:

a) Yea I was the same as Tom hit boost cut a few times after it was installed and have turned the boost down too. It really does unlock some great power!

b)accelerate faster in the rev range def more down low

c) mine was louder and droning before so now its quieter which is good, but it had a crap cat back on it beofre.

d) I had a scrape on the front flexi part but took it back and they re-done that part and made it higher so they now know for next time.

Reckon they'll be able to custom make a dual-exhaust system for moi ???
Yea for sure, that would looks sweet Brad!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Out of curiousity Emanuel, was there any attempt to make the exhaust straighter ? That annoying hook at the end really gets my goat...
Even the Fujitsubo systems have it still..

If it wasn't for the fuel tank, we could bolt up EVO 6 exhausts...

G

Unregistered
Well get them to have a look and tell them what you want and see what they can do.
Best to go in and have a good chat and see what the options are.

Top Bottom