[NSW] Full Custom Exhaust with downpipes (From Windsor Exhaust in Richmond)

G

Unregistered
Good one Jono so what did you get done.
And yes Dimi am too lazy to make some for sale threads so just wacked them on mu sig for now. And will change the colour for you haha

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
hey guys. good to be back.
i got the same system (almost same) of Emanuel. 2.5 inch down pipes to mend bend curves, 4 inch metal cat and 3inch all the way down with one resonator, with large muffler with a little chrome tip. Will take photos soon and will post it up.
well, it smells a bit and i guess it is blending in at the moment. one of the down pipe is very close to the.. uuuh.. one of the transmission thing.. (will show in the photo) and little worried. Sitting little lower than i expected.
Sounds great~ if i drive normally, it is not loud but when i floor it, it gives a nice deep tone which is totally different to "just a muffler" sound.

Looking fully stock and that was the exactly way i wanted it to be.

at the stock boost setting, boost goes up tp about 10 psi and with the high boost setting (was set to 12 psi) now, hitting about 13~14 psi.

Much better response~

fuel economy? little better than before. expecting about 50km more than the usual.

Strongly recommend that place. (i had to get on the train and walk there to pick it up but it is a nice walk)

Now... awaiting for my panel filter and Apexi S-AFC... will discuss in different thred.

thanks emanuel for being a "test specimen"

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I was actually chatting to Russell yesterday, I told him to get ready for a whole bunch of guys coming in for the same exhaust lol :)

G

Unregistered
Looks the goods! Pitty about the remote location.

To those who went to Windsor:

How are the systems fairing now? Performance? Sound?
Has that paint/coating started to peel?

Cheers for any info gents.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Windsor's not that hard to get to really. Just jump on the M2, then follow Windsor Rd and you're there :D

If you get lost, you can always give me a bell and I'll show you the way as it's my neck of the woods out here.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Nothing is wrong at the moment. Just remind the guys to make sure it does not hang low. still sounds great and no paint has been peeled off yet. First few days, for about 100km, you will smell some buring metal like thing. It is just exhaust blending in (fresh metal and welding work). You will be happy. make sure you get 4 inch cat as well for full the benefit.
Bit loud on first few days as well, then is calms. when you free rev, it is not loud, but when the engine is trying hard, you wil feel it from your seats. which also can mean that if you get pulled over by cops, you would be fine.
I dented it on the last cruise doing approx 140km/h over the bridge, almost air-born and landed HARD. I might go abck there and get it repaired but nothing wrong so far.

G

Unregistered
Yea I got a small dent on my front pipe just after the front turbo near the bend as I went into a deep driveway with no angle, seems to have made no differance and still did a good 13.7 quater time with the small dent so it can stay.

G

Unregistered
I have no idea what exhaust is on my car, but I know for a fact that having one like Emmanuel's will make me feel more comfortable :) And, Windsor's just down the road! :) *sigh* - I wasn't going to mod this car...

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
DO IT~ if i can, i will come with you. i need to ask them if i can make it bit higher than now. I dinghed it on the cruise so i might get them to have a look at it.

You will like it~ If you can keep the original for later purposes.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Just wondering if anyone has had just the pipes to and inc the hi flow cat done from these guys

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I can attest to the quality of their work. They've done a fair bit for me in the past and they're brilliant. I don't know anyone who's ever had a problem with their work. They've been around forever and a day as well...so you know they're not going anywhere.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
i am happy with them so far. just have to remind them what you want. like not hanging too low and stuff. Mine is getting little rusty but i guess thats how it is.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I was more looking for price for the pipes and cat

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
It probably wouldn't be that much cheaper than doing the whole thing (depending on muffler choice of course) as the cat-back section is the cheapest/easiest part to make. The bulk of the price/work is in the front pipes.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
+1 on Paul. Just spend few more hundreds and get the full set-up. You will like it.. don't fight the crave.. just do it~

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Don't mean to mine this thread up from the dead, but can someone confirm that this system did NOT include the "dump" pipes?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Assuming by dump pipes you mean the pipes directly off the turbo (some people get confused with the terms, and fair enough I reckon!), then this system did not include them.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Thought I might post this in here instead creating a whole new thread.

Just got work back from MEEK that they now have available a 3-inch mild steel catback exhaust system for the Legnums available for $900. Not sure if it's based off another setup though. My car is there in 2 weeks & I'll check it out.

Top Bottom