[NSW] MCA Friday night sprint

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Hey fellas, I don't know if anyone is local enough to come to this besides __ET__, but I thought I should start posting up cruises and routes so we get in the habit of coming up with ideas.

Here's a short but sweet one for this Friday night:

Meet: Penrith Krispy Kreme carpark at 7.30pm, Leave 8pm.

Turn LEFT out of Panthers/KK's onto Mulgo Rd/Castlereagh Rd:
KKs.jpg

Keep going for about 10 mins till you reach SPRINGWOOD ROAD, then turn LEFT:
Springwoodrd.jpg

Keep going for about 10 mins again (be careful along the straights, cops love them) and then you hit the fun part!
twisties.jpg

JUST after the last right hander there is a lookout where we can stop and relax for a bit, have a chat etc.

Then we move on to the end of Hawkesbury Rd/Springwood Road and turn LEFT again onto Great Western Highway:
gtwstn.jpg

Moving along about another 5-10 mins is a LEFT hand turn onto WILSON WAY:
wilsonwy.jpg

Follow that for a bit then turn LEFT again at the roundabout of OLD BATHURST ROAD:
oldbthrd.jpg

Then prepare for some more sedate twisties:
moretwisties.jpg

After these twisties beware you head into a 50 suburban zone...please be sensible! This then ends and you turn LEFT onto the Great Western Highway again:
gtwesternagain.jpg

A simple RIGHT hand turn will see us back onto Mulgoa Rd/Castlereagh Rd
mulgoard.jpg

And then RIGHT again will see us back in KK's carpark!
KKs2.jpg

Would be good to see some NSW'ers come if they can, regardless of having a VR4 or not. :D

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
We use to live Penrith/Cambridge Park way.
I use to love go'in up and down Old Bathurst Rd, Except when stuck behind the slow pokes. Those sharp bends would be great to try out the AYC. I remember people smoken their tyres going round that left hand sloped bend that almost turns back on it's self all the time even without trying. Hope you get a group together I'd be interested to know how you go. Mel

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
This may be changing to sat night as a lot of the MCA guys can't make it either...I'll keep you all informed :D

A Galston gorge one will be next ;)

rich

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
richard
Drive
ford xe 351 legnum vr4 Ford G6ET
I can't make it I have to work.Its a great drive up Springwood road, went up there last week, my best time from north richmond to the lookout was 11 minutes in an alfa gtv. Don't think I would go that fast on public roads anymore, but when I was 19 I didn't care.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
That sounds like a great cruise mate but I'm too far away......
plus my Legnum I don't think is in the mood to be driven like that at the moment ... I seem to keep finding things wrong :-(

Galston Gorge would be interesting though !!! I don't think I can get enough degree of a turn to be winding through the Gorge. I used to go that way home from my old job in the Corolla & that was fine.. but my Legnum ??? Ewww... just thinking of the bumps & those hairpins !!! Plus my front bumper has had enough of scraping ! Hehe :)

I have my sis soon though so I'll be in the Penrith area within the hear future so maybe catch up ?

Cheers.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I've done galston a few times in the Galant and I did it a LOT in my old TR magna. It's not too hard...you just have to take it easy and watch for oncoming cars as you have to go on the other side of the road.

I don't think I'd do galston at night though.

Definitely keen to meet up when you're around :D

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yo Pauly, when are you coming down this way ?

Oh, and good to see the NSW boys are up for a cruise :) There will be some for sure next year :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Won't be till the new year Hawks. I have from the 14-28th off in January, so I'm firstly heading north to see my grandparents, then coming back down to Narooma to see my sis and then I'll head across :D This all depends on if I'm moving house or not at that time too lol

Top Bottom