[NSW] Sydney Super VR-4 evening meet 3rd June 2009

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Yo Wayne, the car will be at MEEK all day today if you wanted to drop in & take a squiz at what a Super looks like !:)

Thanks Brad, I may be able to do that..... Otherwise, I've got a presentation at Auburn at 7:30pm which I'm trying to push back a little to catch up with you guys....albeit briefly..

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Mucho Cool. I can be there before 6pm.... (I get to see a Super, I get to see a super, la la la la!) It looks sooo shiny in that photo...

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Sweet. What's getting done to the Super, Brad? Major service?

Well Dimi ... where do we begin ?

* TEIN Super Wagons
* S-AYC Diff
* Replacing the TD-03s with twin TD-04s
* Move battery to boot to fit ARC Airbox
* GReddy Intercooler
* Strut bars aplenty
* Electronic Boost Controller
* Have had airbag suspension fitted
* Have had the dual custom exhaust fitted
* RPW pipes
* Cusco hard piping
* Reflash ECU & tune.

Oh wait where was I ??? Oh man I was having an awesome dream !!! Hehe nah seriously getting engine & gearbox & AYC fluids changed, lifters done, sparkplugs done, there's a noise I want them to look at too .....

VR4sum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
2009 Toyota Kluger
LOL Brad.
I was reading down, thinking how much I hated you and then I read the last bit! Nice one.
Ummm, yeah, about that noise too...sorry, I'll get out of the wheelwell.

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
getting engine & gearbox & AYC fluids changed, lifters done, sparkplugs done, there's a noise I want them to look at too .....

Brad, what engine oil brand and weight has Meek recommended to you?

Amsoil is not the easiest (or cheapest!) thing to get in NSW and I'm keen to see what Meek suggests as an alternative.

I'll probably take my car to Meek so they can give it the once over. Presumably, you've been very happy with them so far?

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Brad, what engine oil brand and weight has Meek recommended to you?

Well they use ELF Excellium 10w40. Not specifically for our cars, as they do most of their work on the 4-cyl EVOs.

Once they had NO oil at all so I supplied SYN Power 10w50 which they said was fine. Have also had it serviced a few times with 5w40 with no problems. If anyone's car is going to feel the effects of bad oil, it will be MINE !

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Oh wait where was I ??? Oh man I was having an awesome dream !!!

You are so lucky you put that last bit in... I was just about to leave work, unscrew the plates on my car and head down to pick up my new Super VR4 to take for a spin....lol:ROFLMAO:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
You are so lucky you put that last bit in... I was just about to leave work, unscrew the plates on my car and head down to pick up my new Super VR4 to take for a spin....lol:ROFLMAO:

Haha, MEEK know me well enough now to not let anyone else get near it !

I begged them as I was leaving to treat it well as it's my new child !

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Just got back fro driving to Penrith. Car is very smooth to accelerate & supple compared to the Grandpa !

It's going back in on Friday to be completed....

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
HAHAHA I can just imagine Brad reading that and turning red in anger (like he usually does) with his face like this :mad: :mad: :mad:

I checked out the car park tonight at 9:00 after training and it was pretty dead on the Krispy Kreme side, so it should be sweet for tomorrow.

See you all there

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Don't let them break your diff Brad :p (just stirrin!)

Of course you realise that now that you've said it ......

oh & cheers to Wayne for popping in last night & hanging around ! Yes I really am that dumb about cars ! :bigsmile:

Chris from MEEK was showing us the difference between the AYC gearing & the S-AYC gearing ... the S-AYC is so much more finer but Chris is not fan of them..

Super is in the driveway now getting washed & cleaned !

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
You're washing your car, Brad? Mine's dirtier than a mofo :bigsmile:
But I guess we're not all coming to see my car, we're all coming to see yours HAHA
Bags shotgun

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
You're washing your car, Brad? Mine's dirtier than a mofo :bigsmile:
But I guess we're not all coming to see my car, we're all coming to see yours HAHA
Bags shotgun

No Dimi, I'M not washing my car bro, I'm paying someone else to do it WELL ! It's getting the full treatment, the guy will be here ALL day.

Seats will be a little damp when I get there so you might be sitting on towels dude if you want to ride shotgun hehe :ROFLMAO:

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Yea I know, it was raining all night last night which is damn typical when I want to get the car washed. Luckily my parents have a long carport just in case. Hasn't rained so far today but it is sure looking dark & threatening out there.

Top Bottom