Number pl8 ideas

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S - VR4PLAY
breaking news in SA. i somhow mannaged to get VR4PLAY SA plates. fuck yeah, few people have tried in SA and got knocked back, quick tip. do it all online and pay online, its seems to have slipped passed. cheers

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I've never had any attention whatsoever in either of mine, and both of them have been quite low with big wide wheels and exhaust/FMIC visible. Even had blindingly bright HID projectors and still nothing. I wouldn't worry too much about the coppers!

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
1998 Mitsubish Legnum VR4 - Type S FL
The slimline will not fit in the JDM spot perfectly, I've got one on the front of my car. I got it to avoid covering too much FMIC with the number plate.

I was a bit naughty and slightly trimmed the edges of the plate, I gave it curved edges as standard and painted the edging black to match the rest...You can't tell it's been trimmed basically, even though it is technically illegal I think.

Really !! That sucks, how don't they fit perfectly? I know the standard ones don't fit well on the front as I've hand to bend it to fit, I was hoping they did as I wanted to get the slime-line at the front and square at the back.

breaking news in SA. i somhow mannaged to get VR4PLAY SA plates. fuck yeah, few people have tried in SA and got knocked back, quick tip. do it all online and pay online, its seems to have slipped passed. cheers

What size plates did you get Ash?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
They are a bit too long mate. I trimmed maybe a couple of cm off each side to get it in, it looks fine now though.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant

They can still withhold them in the printing process and send you a letter that they weren't successful.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Just some metal shears from my missus' dad's shed, then smoothed it down so there were no sharp bits to scratch the car. Then just a bit of black around the edges, so it looked regular!

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
They can still withhold them in the printing process and send you a letter that they weren't successful.

hey i thought that, but i got a letter saying im now registered as VR4PLAY. awesome.

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
Really !! That sucks, how don't they fit perfectly? I know the standard ones don't fit well on the front as I've hand to bend it to fit, I was hoping they did as I wanted to get the slime-line at the front and square at the back.

What size plates did you get Ash?

slim front normal rear whys that?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Jase if you're still considering it, then get the square rear since it sits in the factory holders nicer. The slim front is fine if you don't mind bending it or chopping the plate a little, or you can get square for both to avoid any stuffing around.

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
QLD ones available.(Might get one when i can afford it)
STANCE
POKIN
CONCAV
CAMBER
TUCKED or Tucken

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
Jase if you're still considering it, then get the square rear since it sits in the factory holders nicer. The slim front is fine if you don't mind bending it or chopping the plate a little, or you can get square for both to avoid any stuffing around.

Thanks Tom, I'm wanting to get the square for the rear; but looking at the slim for the front. I'm not wanting to bend or chop it, so i'm thinking of sourcing a number plate bracket to space the number plate off the bar, I've read on here a 1995 - 1999 Delica number plate bracket does the trick, so might give this a shot :)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Square plates fit perfectly front and rear. No chopping or bending needed.

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
Square plates fit perfectly front and rear. No chopping or bending needed.

Thanks Steve for the confirmation, i've noticed in photo's of square number plates; I defiantly want the square for the rear but unsure for the front. The square looks good in you have a 6 letter custom number plate but i'm thinking of getting the premium plate and i don't think it will look as good as a square for the front; worse comes to worse if i can't find out another solution i'll just get the square for the front, it may grow on me.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
The square shape is made in the same dimensions as the Japanese plates that the car was designed to wear. Heres how they fit.

plate.jpg

Jase

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jase
Drive
The square shape is made in the same dimensions as the Japanese plates that the car was designed to wear. Heres how they fit.

IMO they just look too big for the front, I still prefer the slim-line size for the front, but that's just my opinion.

ASH STEEVO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
VR4PLAY aka ASH
Drive
THINKING ABOUT SELLING SA: VR4PLAY gold on black plates.

Top Bottom