OBDII plug with Bluetooth

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
only problem there might be is that our cars are not standard OBDII and many devices will not work

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
I will be testing my mates plug before I purchase so will let you know how it goes.

G

Unregistered
Ur first post says you've ordered one already though...I'm confused.

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Yeah Cancelled the order till I test it.

Mates should arrive this week sometime and hopefully it works.

yoshimitsu9

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
stefan
Drive
ae86 sprinter
i just bought an obd2 scanner with US car list. 8g's were sold their albeit with different engines but might get lucky

failing that ill just spend the $25 and buy evoscan

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Many mitsubishi's including the Legnum only speak MUT-II and not the standard ODB-2 ISO protocols that most of the scanners use.

Basically you want to look at anything on www.evoscan.com. There are not too many bluetooth devices that will speak MUT-II but there are some but mostly you are looking for a cabled solution and will be spending $100-$200.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
I am working on a convertor to speak the standard ELM327 protocol so I can use my iPad application Dash Commander to read gauges from the Legnum - I was working on the same thing for my Magna which has the same problem, and the work will be continuing with the Legnum.

So basically any device designed to use the standard ELM327 dongles (which is what most of the $30-50 cheap ones are) can speak to it and still get useful data.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Yeah I've been hitting up Hamish for that for a bit he's still working on it apparently I just asked him for an update a couple days ago. You could originally buy it for a bit last year and then he pulled it.

I had my ipad installed into my Magna havent' yet decided if I want to do the same with my Legnum.

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Evoscan for iPad still isn't out

Haven't made progress on my emulator

Top Bottom