Torque Android App - Live OBDII Reader

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
I've got a bluetooth adapter and torque pro, but due to MUT-II it wouldn't work on my 1998 leggy. I'll try this http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Plugins MUT plugin and see if it works tomorrow, will post whether or not I can get it to work.

slickd1

Wizard
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matthew Dundon
Drive
1998 EC5W Manual Legnum.
Nope, it wont work with torque. The plugin apparently only adds the MUT pids to Torque, it doesn't allow torque to connect to an MUT-II ECU.

Bugger, Looks like we'll have a while to wait if we ever get something like this sorted for them.

are the newer galant/legnums compatible with OBD? A post facelift or later models than mine might be compatible?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Reasonably confident that if it doesn't work with MUT-II then it won't work regardless of PFL or FL.

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Just out of curiosity, did you try bridging pin 1 + 4 on the Bluetooth dongle?

VR4STHOZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
shane
Drive
1999 Legnum Type-S
Has anyone figured out a way of getting torque to work with our cars? Or did people give up?

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
I have an apple and used dash command with a wireless plug in. Same issue works off OBD11 so doesn't connect to the Ecu. Really annoying as live monitoring and extra gauges are pretty cool!

low+vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Michael
Drive
2000 VR4 Legnum MT
I tried this a few months back, never got it working in the end. Apparently on the forums there is a bluetooth model that can work with a bit of fiddling.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
An ISO9141 compliant sender won't work. Have a read of Bill's post here: http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/torque-android-app-live-obdii-reader.14426/#post-315026

Also read notes at Evoscan site

Note: Only US DSMs/Eclipse and US EVO8/9 support the universal standard OBDII datalogging tools. For japanese imports, other standard ISO9141 OBDII dataloggers will not work. EvoScan is what you need, because it uses the MUT-III factory dealership protocols.

As Bill said, it uses ISO 9141 signalling but a different proprietary protocol. You need to find a MUT-II reader, not ODBII.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
ISO9141 standard describes the requirements to setup data transfer between an ECU and a diagnostic tool (in terms of OBD pinout, use of serial/signalling type, initialisation procedures, etc), doesnt cover protocol though.

MUT is the protocol we use to ask the ECU for parameters. 1 byte request, with 1 byte response.

MatiLP640

5W4G0N
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1999 Black Legnum VR4
So there is no chance that will work? I dont think so that we can find ELM which support MUT... Or we need app which support MUT? Sorry for that many question but I dont know too much about it...

NSNO_RJB

No Idea what i'm doing
Premium Member
First Name
Ronan
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Wanted to bump this

Anyone found something that can be used with apps from play store or anything

Got an android head unit so i can download any apps that would work. Even one hardwired to a digital guage i would go for

Top Bottom