Outside temp guage not so acurate

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Outside temp guage not so accurate

Bit of a useless thread but one thing i've noticed with this car is that the "Outside Temperature" reading usually seems a bit off by about 2°.
How is everyone elses?

Tonight, it was only 1° off which seems normal.

Btw, yep i know i spelt "accurate" wrong lol typo.

in_temp.jpg

18.jpg

Skurfer

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
EZTONV
You get the heat off the road as the temp sensor is quite low. You will notice it most on a really hot day in summer. Will be reading quite a bit higher as the road is super hot

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The temp sensor is just in front of the radiator at the bottom of the front bumper, sometimes it reports higher temperatures than it should when stationary or in traffic.

G

Unregistered
Mine is pretty much 2 degrees higher all the time. I was blaming it on the fact my car's black :D

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I have a scientific calibration thermometer at one of the places I work - one day I'll strap the probe to the front of the car and let you know how accurate mine is :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Mine said 35* on a 28* day once lol.

usually is wacky readings haha

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
yeah haha mine has random temps sometimes LOL.. So you're not alone with that haha

Likeashot

Crunching Gears
First Name
Justin
Drive
'10 Liberty GT (Daily), '99 Legnum VR4 (Family Hack), '93 GSR Lancer (Track Car)
I'm thinking my outside temp sensor is cactus as no matter what time of day or temp it says 20 deg all the time. Would it be a hard to get part?

Top Bottom