Paint suppliers

G

Unregistered
Just a quick question. My friends a panel beater by trade and is going to be fixing my car up for my at home over the weekend.
Just wondering Where's the best place in sydney to get good quality 2pac paint from.my car is indigo blue p07 looking at repainting my drivers rear quarter, rear numberplate section. And front left of the front bar

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
not very sure about indigo blue, but for trigger mauve providing them with paint code had a slight different colour compare to the OEM paint. My front bar and TME Steve's front bar, bonnet and quarter panel are prove. its more greyish compare to the OEM. Also got some touch up paint. Same paint code but slight different in shade.

recently I went to these guys http://www.autowest.com.au/ and they said best way is to leave them a piece of panel and they will match it. Best piece, Your fuel flap/door.
Haven't got the paint though, no job=no money :(

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
The supercheap tint was a good match for my pryness black..

Otherwise I've heard good things of VG autopaints

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I can't remember their name but there's a place in giraween. Go there.

Alvin, your car is pfl mine is fl. The triggers are a different colour

Akys

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alvin
Drive
1996 Trigger Mauve Galant VR4
I can't remember their name but there's a place in giraween. Go there.

Alvin, your car is pfl mine is fl. The triggers are a different colour

agree, but my front bumper had been resprayed with the original paint code too and its a different colour. I think only the touch up paint from Japan is the actual colour.
Hence I suggest getting them to match the paint

Anyway, the one in giraween should be VG autopaints, Like what Cam and Steve said.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I think the code is unchanged for trigger too, so you're doubly right, get it matched!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I think the code is unchanged for trigger too, so you're doubly right, get it matched!

Yep, this is true. PFL/FL trigger, same code, different paint. I discovered this when I had panel work done by Simon at Paintwerks.

G

Unregistered
Anyone had any experiences with the indigo blue paint

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Anyone had any experiences with the indigo blue paint

Yeah, me. I took mine to the panel shop I suggested to you a while back. They did a very good job with just the paint code. However, my paint is close to what it was when new. Just needs a bit of a polish now. You're welcome to come have a look some time and I'll show you what he's done.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Speaking of paint, how much it would cost for a full respray for the legnum?

G

Unregistered
Are You talking about paint cost or to go to a shop and get it fully resprayed.

Paint cost around 500
To get a shop to fully paint your car around 3000
And custom Color inside and out anywhere above 5000

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
I recently purchased the paint to respray the rear bumper and the tailgate below the tail light bar of my Legnum and it came to a total of $150. I already had the primer and the plastiprime. Now all I need is a couple of warm dry days.

Top Bottom