[photos] Dang, it's HOT out there...

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Couldn't resist with a few warm days and I'm sure you SA crew would have copped the bulk of it.

Sometimes it makes me wonder if these cars were built for hot weather like Australia, especially when you get read-outs like this:

42degreesrb4.jpg

42°C parked in the shade in Melbourne a few days ago.

Post up what you have for hottest and coldest temps!

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Hottest - 45deg on Sun 16th March while parked in Moorolbark (outside of Melb). Temp dropped to 41 while driving.

I can't believe I forgot to grab a photo!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I saw 46 the other day while I was at Cafe De Vili's. The digital billboard at the front of the Cafe read 45.....

Yeah, the chips and gravy went down well :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
didn't know it went that high. Gav - when we went for that drive how hot was it? It was around 40C wasn't it?

highest I've seen is 33C or so, and lowest was 1C

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I've had -7 in my old leggie in NZ, when they drop to 0C they give you a little beep

G

Unregistered
whilst not in the leggy, when i lived in karratha, it hit 52 one day.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
meh, welcome to our world of the last 15 days! At least it was a comfortable 28 today, feld freezing! LOL

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I know what it was like in Adelaide... it'll be interesting to see what displays max out at :)

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
yeppp i've gotten the 43 readout on mine to, so glad it cooled down today, just in time to drag of my mates rx7 he just aquired. :) Does anyone actually know how accurate those temp readouts on the vr-4's are though?

G

Unregistered
whilst not in the leggy, when i lived in karratha, it hit 52 one day.

ooh wow, when did you live there? i was there between '90 and '01, basically during my primary school/early high school years.

I completely agree with you though, its bullsh*t hot up there, and its a very dry heat as well.

G

Unregistered
Mines was at -2 this morning . mine gives a beep and flashes from inside temp to outside every time it drops a degree from 4 down to 0 . First time it did it i thought i'd broken somthing , couldn't figure out where it was coming from

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
(+2 this morning here in Holland, we have never been NEAR 40 degrees (ever?) haha

Every time the cl.control beeps it is +3 degrees, which I always responded to as "thank you car for letting me know it is 3 degrees, SO WHAT?!)

And now I know that this has something to do with the temperature at which (our?) roads can become slippery, so to warn you the thingy beeps. Well.. thanks after all then! :)

(Interesting to see it responds somewhat different in other cars... I don't see why this is or how/if this is/can be adjusted)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Some people have said it is at 0C and others at 3C, haven't managed to figure out if it is prefacelift vs facelift or something yet.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
True my first leggie was a pre facelift, and i will no doubt find out a lot this winter when my facelift beeps at.

I find that my outside temp is about 1 - 2 degrees out sometimes when you drive past those temp/clock signs around the place

G

Unregistered
42 deg.. wow

we have lots of snow still

picture taken a couple of days ago :D

Attachments

• 5543406515.jpg
    5543406515.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom