piggyback ecu

G

Unregistered
im new to modifying cars, i usually just buy a fast car and drive it lol.
ive been offered a pggyback ecu for a really good price, what does it do?

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
It depends on the type of piggyback system. As a minimum you will be able to remap the air fuel ratio's. Thus giving better power and better fuel usage.

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
Hey mate I think you need to do some searching through the threads and getting a better understanding of things before asking too many questions. We are a bit past reinventing the wheel. The answers are out there to most things.

G

Unregistered
Do a search on somewhere like autospeed.com.au they've got some good articles about piggybacks and some comparisons between different types too.

mustang21

Crunching Gears
First Name
ray
Drive
97 Legnum
go stand alone, mirco tech :p (aussie made i think ??? support the depression )

G

Unregistered
Hay man if you dont no anything about ECU's how do you no you are getting it for a good price??

RaZZa137

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Rowan
Drive
1998 PFL Legnum VR4 2012 Skoda Superb 1990 Suzuki GSF250
maybe this thread should be integrated in 'Official too lazy to search/fat prick/stupid questions thread. All stupid questions to be asked here' thread

...just a suggestion

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
maybe he was too lazy to post it in the too lazy to search section

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hey mate

I got a Emanage ULTIMATE which is pretty much the closest thing to stand alone management system it retails for around 1200$ i got mine for 600$ form a bloke who had it on an RX7

There is a bloke on these forums that has a VR4 with a same unit and other mods but he does 4.5 second or something like that 0 to 100km / hour.

Anyway im moving places and need cash so i can sell it to you for 600 but it has a universal harness which was put on RX7 so that will need to be rewired, also it comes with boost pressure sensor thats 200 buck alone but ill chuck it in if you are interested.

PM me

Cheers
Tomas

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hey mate

I got a Emanage ULTIMATE which is pretty much the closest thing to stand alone management system it retails for around 1200$ i got mine for 600$ form a bloke who had it on an RX7

There is a bloke on these forums that has a VR4 with a same unit and other mods but he does 4.5 second or something like that 0 to 100km / hour.

Anyway im moving places and need cash so i can sell it to you for 600 but it has a universal harness which was put on RX7 so that will need to be rewired, also it comes with boost pressure sensor thats 200 buck alone but ill chuck it in if you are interested.

PM me

Cheers
Tomas

Thats a good price, is there much involved in setting up the harness for a VR4?

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Thats a good price, is there much involved in setting up the harness for a VR4?

I dont really know to be honest, i have a mate who is not a nerd but a super geek lol in electronics, smokes pot and draws up some weird diagrams for sound system manufacturers and gets paid 200000+ and he has a super hot girlfriend ( bastard ) all from home, anyway i was going to get him to solder new ends for me.

You can buy an M5 harness which suits our car for about 200 but i found the diagrams for the harness on the greddy website and was going to get my mate to do it but I think anyone who has some knowledge in electronics might me able to help – just speculating thought.
Tomas

G

Unregistered
i just realised how old this thread is.. my bad.

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
Hey mate

PM me

Cheers
Tomas

Ive got an e manage ultimate in my car at the moment and i am having problems on the dyno with it, went with 1000cc injectors and walbaro 400 e85 approved fuel pump. Went the emanage so i could run a dual map one on e85 and one on 98, put the car on the dyno started to miss fire at 5k. Tuner thinks its down to the ignition solenoid over heating quite severely which then sends wrong voltage signals to the injectors causing the car to missfire. Took the car to an auto elec and they couldnt do anything with out wiring diagrams so now my car is at home lumpy, grumpy, smoky and miss firing. I dont know what to do. Any ideas, or where i can go to get my car sorted.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Misfires are common as, firstly make sure you have 0.8mm gapped iridium plugs, if so what are the leads like? If good, what are the coilpacks like? E85 is harder on ignition systems too, so you may want to consider coil on plug from Naughtika.

Secondly, why are you running a piggyback when you could be tuning the factory ecu? And unless your changing turbos the 400 pump is overkill, even for e85, but that's not an issue....

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
Misfires are common as, firstly make sure you have 0.8mm gapped iridium plugs, if so what are the leads like? If good, what are the coilpacks like? E85 is harder on ignition systems too, so you may want to consider coil on plug from Naughtika.

Secondly, why are you running a piggyback when you could be tuning the factory ecu? And unless your changing turbos the 400 pump is overkill, even for e85, but that's not an issue

Regards to the ecu it was reccomended and i know it is a great ecu and i got it for a decent price soo i thought id give it a shot, called driven motorsport today and they said the same thing why the hell did i decide to run the emanage ultimate. They can now do a lot of tuning with the stock ecu so looks like the emanage is coming out. Once i get pictures of there manifolds they have made there is a good chance i will buy them as i have 28/71s sitting in the garage hence over kill on the fuel pump. Jon told me the last vr4 they did with there manifolds and some sort of tdo4s on a flashed factory ecu running 22psi the car cranked out 285awkw soo i am quite excited now

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Excellent, yes rip out the piggy back, check the ignition and go from there :) a pair of 2871s is big!

Top Bottom