piggyback ecu

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
All depends on drivens manifolds 800 for the set if they are good ill start posting progress they have been trying to pop our motors with no luck yet hehe they say our bottom ends are quite strong

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Pissy rods....

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
wasnt madhav running 260 awkw on standard internals? jet10s 287 but he may have forged?

brackenridgevr4

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
luke
Drive
pfl vr4 legnum evo8
I'm in the process of getting my td04s fitted moved away from big single idea laptop recons 220 kw with factory turbos 19 psi but my spark is blowing out so can't push any harder and I'm running haltech platinum ecu piggy back

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
I'm running at 225 on a mainline with E85 if it makes people feel better.... But there's no way you'll get a real 220kW with stock untouched turbo's on 98 fuel, you'll get a lot more with TD04's though :)

Madhav ran 267, just before it broke.

Dion I would guess is around the 240 mark and seems to have blowby issues (that's solveable though)

From memory the one AJ bought made heaps of power and blew an engine before being rebuilt

I'm not saying you're going to blow an engine at anything more than a stock turbo, just that like always you need to have your eyes open when upgrading. The rods are tiny, have a look at Jungles thread of his rebuild, and at some point they will break (hopefully that point is above all your targets).

That all said Rob is running more on stock internals, and guys on CVR4 have been making more power for years on stock internals and upgraded turbos. I'm hoping that 250 is a realistic number for the internals to survive at but it also depends on how you drive the car. A track car making 250 is a very different proposition to a road car making 250.

96vr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
AJ
Drive
Legnum with twin GT25R upgrade.
She just put a new motor in it. Apparently done 70,000.. The new tuner said the old 360 awhp tune was dodgy as
With multiple people running 220-290 awkw every day 240 should be pretty safe if you have a good motor... So I guess thats my target until I go forged. Should get that on 12-13 psi :)

ALSHWNOGO

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kellie
Drive
Vauxhall VXR Monaro Turbo
She just put a new motor in it. Apparently done 70,000.. The new tuner said the old 360 awhp tune was dodgy as
With multiple people running 220-290 awkw every day 240 should be pretty safe if you have a good motor... So I guess thats my target until I go forged. Should get that on 12-13 psi :)

The tune wasn't the best but that had nothing to do with the previous engine problems, car would have kept going if the vaccum line didn't melt.

Top Bottom