Power Steering Oil Cooler

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
hey fellas.. I got these coils ove Aluminum pipes which were originally used to cool down fuel for Mercedes Buses..

do you think it's adequate enough to cool down the Power Steering Fluid?

Photo0277.jpg

Picture doesn't do justice but at least you get the idea.. its about 250mm/300mm tall and I can cut/bend the end pipes to whatever lenght/shape I can.. dad's got all the tools :D

G

Unregistered
don't they have a factory PS cooler loop in front of the intercooler?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
yah they do.. just one long loop like everyone else's.. but since I've replaced mine with aftermarket cooler.. the factory cooler/pipe can't really be fitted to its originaly location.. either it has to be tucked behind the cooler or mount it somewhere else.. my idea is to replace it with a big (well not really big) coil of alum. pipe...

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Chris you could try testing it out by running some liquid at known temperature through a short length of pipe (say 2') and test it's temperature at the other end, then put the same fluid at the same temperature (same ambient temps and conditions, of course) through your pipe coil and see how much difference it makes.

If its not cooling enough, add heat sink :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
has anyone touched their ps cooler pipe after a drive? say about 30 minutes of driving?

is it hot? I mean, not scorching hot but hot enough that you won't hold it for more than 5 seconds..

Top Bottom