Pro-ma MBL8

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Carsten - When you say you only had ticking on startup once just before the last change, how many months had that been? Also, how loud was the tick? was it a "clacking" for 5-10 seconds, or was it genuinely a quiet "tick"? My lifters are still ticking after my last oil change and its shitting me. Ticks loudly (not quite a clack) for 30sec to 1 min, then soft ticking until I shut it down :(

I've tried engine flush (twice), Nulon Lifter Free, Amsoil and Motul oils and nothing seems to be curing it. Im generally against these "fix all" adatives as im worried they do long term damage, but really considering this as $900+ for new lifters fitted doesnt really appeal either.

G

Unregistered
a tick for 2 seconds after 5thou km, had been sitting for a few days,

was due for a old change, did the valvoline and proma again, and it was quite,

has been for the last 12000km now. just keep using it.

Subaru ETA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
David
Drive
97 Galant VR-4 M/T
i use magnatec 10w30 with proma and get no ticking...great stuff...i wouldnt bother wasting my money on amsoil - over priced IMHO

I got my car with 90,000km on it about 3years ago and have used magnatec in it for every change and it has only just started to have a slight tap (now done around 154000km). Proma has fixed it

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Ok, after clocking a 1.5k kms after my changed oil w/ proma, I am happy to say that my lifters are still dead quite. :)

EDIT:
Another update about the Pro-Ma.

After clocking another 500kms, lifters are still quite except for a cold start (in different occassions). Clacking/ticking noise will only be there for 3secs or so and it goes dead quite.

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
just got my new bottle this stuff is the best oil additive iv ever used and the only one i will use from now on the car runs so smoth and lifter noise WHAT LIFTER NOISE!!!

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
I just watched the clip on this stuff and it is exactly the same demonstration my father showed me some 15yrs ago when working for Wynn's. The additave he used was Supreme or Charge (cant quite remember) which gave the same result as the one shown on the You Tube clip....very interesting. I wonder how long before they re-invent the wheel??

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
does www.fueloiltreatments.com.au not work for anyone else?

Also this stuff is $28+6 = $34 right?

I don't have much lifter noise and have just hit 100,000 so I don't think I'll bother just yet. I do run a smidge over the full line on the oil stikc though which I think is a CVR4 suggestion for reducing lifter noise.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Going to drop some of this in my white car as they are a little noisy :)

Will let you know the results!

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Pro-Ma is great.
I tried many lifter treatments including Nulon Lifter Free and Liqui Moly Tappet Stop. None of them work except Pro-Ma.

I find that one whole bottle will last me 5000 kilometres.
I'll add half a bottle during a service and add the other half at around 2500 kilometres into the service, which is when the lifters usually start to tick again.

I guess you could always get the lifters replaced for a bit over $1000, but who knows how long they'll be quiet until they start the ticking cycle again?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
im curious about the comment about the coating on the parts & future internal modification difficulty.. i DO plan to go this path when my pocket permits, and wouldnt want to do it if its going to make things harder later..

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
i only just saw this again, i got some of this thanks to dimi's advice and 24hrs after purchase i had it, i left it on the window sill for nearly 3 weeks before i finally thought time to do oil might as well use it (was very doubtfull that it would work) did my oil change and started it and within seconds it was the quietest running car i had ever heard.

i ran in told wife and she agreed it was incredible.

normally after having fun and then driving and stopping at idle mine would often start to tick again but with the pro-ma in it its dead quiet.

great product, use it if you have any lifter noise at all.

i used to get embarrased when showing friends the car and it was idleing due to the noise now its perfect.

never thought about putting it in gear box or anything else, but i did get their diesel additive as well to try it in the Delica

Buckas

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dan
Drive
97 manual legnum
proma worked in my car for like a week before i got lifter noise again, bit worried about them now considering how quickly it came back and thinking they might actually be quite bad

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
i just bought some of this stuff also, my lifter noise has gotten to the point that its insane, it is there pretty much all the time but every now and again its isnt there and my car is reall rough on the idle, so im hoping this will fix it up before looking at fixing the lifters

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
also would i be safe putting some of this into my gearbox just for safe measure, i will also put some into my power steering as dimi did to get it a bit lighter :)

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Here in NZ ive been getting it off Mitsubishi for alot cheaper and it was what they said to use.
Think it was $28 NZ. Great stuff!

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Saul (From Pro-Ma) called me today.... Don't be surprised if you see him around here soon as this site's name came up in conversation :)

blair141

Idling at the Lights
First Name
blair
Drive
1996 galant vr4
hey guys this proma stuf. iv been using it for bout a year now. it is great stuff. once you put the first dose in, after that you only need to put bout 50 ml in each oil change. and it is ment for gearboxes and diffs and all sorts of stuff. anyone who hasnt used it and is wondering. it is the only stuff that actually stops the TAPPing.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
I've just ordered x2 bottles of this. Hopefully will make a decent difference (not that I have much lifter noise).

Just a question... Dimi added this to his power steering... im a noob but isnt powersteering fluid different to oil; or are all lubricants in the same boat when it comes to this stuff?

I just don't want to ruin my power steering...

Also; here is a good read: (last test)
http://www.fueloiltreatments.com.au/Pdfs/testingresults.pdf

Top Bottom