Pro-ma MBL8

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I have been using this stuff for almost 10 years and have never had any problems.

It lasts anywhere between 3-5000kms, depending on how bad your lifters are. 250ml is enough for 4 oil changes on 4-bangers, so i'd say about 3 changes for you guys with 6A13's.

I am a pro-ma dealer- and have been selling it to other forum members for $30 delivered.

There's s.f.a mark up to be made on this stuff- so i'm pretty much doing it out of love for the scene.

Anyone keen, shoot me a line!

dre

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
Guy, there are countless amounts of people using this for power steering applications. Just do a bit more research.
I didn't just randomly "put" it into my power steering fluid reservoir, i gathered info on it first.

My name is brett buddy... not guy :p

I wasn't implying you just randomly poured it in for sh#$@ and giggles... I was just looking for some more information/justification about it.

Sorry if I came out saracastic or you took offence Dimi... :(

I'm a computer nerd... not a mechanic.. I ask questions to find information... aswell as googling..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
ill probably be trying some of this stuff next oil change as my lifters are getting worse now - they never used to tick on fresh oil until this most recent oil change..

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
This Pro-ma stuff, is it only beneficial if you have lifter noise?

My car is dead quiet with no lifter noise at all. I am wondering whether Pro-ma offers any other benfits.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Hey andre, are you the dealer allot of us have purchased from ??

welcome to the club anyway mate allot of us swear by your products good to have you here for more information and other ways we can use it.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I used ProMa MBL8 for the last 2 oil changes. First time with Amsoil, full dose of MBL8, and the ticking came back after about 2500 kms. Currently i'm using x3emotorsports oil (ask Ivan about it) and a bit of MBL8 and at 3500 kms (not 2500) the ticking has only *just* started resurfacing on very cold starts - most days it's quiet.

Also I dunno if my power steering is unusual but I can't see any reason why it needs to be made lighter. If anything I'd like a slightly heavier feel - I think it's too light already!

EDIT: I was wrong about the current fill at 2500 kms... it's actually 3500 kms, so Ivan's oil and the MBL8 seems to be a good combination.

OVR444

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brett
Drive
2004 Mirage
OK, WOW! ordered x2 bottles last nite as per my last posts; It arrived on my door step before lunch!!..... now thats efficient web shopping.

Purchased from:
http://www.fueloiltreatments.com.au/

Package contained a catalouge of the Pro-Ma range and proper tax receipt including pay-pal details.

Highly reccomended seller.

Now to see how it goes next service.

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
Hey andre, are you the dealer allot of us have purchased from ??

welcome to the club anyway mate allot of us swear by your products good to have you here for more information and other ways we can use it.

I haven't sold any to members on here, and haven't sold any for a while, but have sold about 3 dozen bottles to other members on various different Mitsubishi forums to help them quieten those pesky lifters! :bigsmile:

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
i got mine yesterday, came extremely quickly, i am going to try and do an oil change today to see how it all goes, as my lifters are now making a constant ticking noise, they never stop, and im hoping to get the noise down slightly

also just a note guys, most people here have said you can put it in just about everything, but on the site it says you cant put it in your automatic gears boxes, limited slip differentials and so on

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Man my lifters make enough noise you'd think I had a Mexican dude with some maracas living in my engine bay...

Thanks for the plug Carsten, next month when I do a fluid change I'll be sure to order some b4hand.
Man you made me laugh - make that two mexicans in mine but i got my tapets ready with next major service she is is going to get pampered.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
mines done 1500km's since change and is still dead quiet.

still loving the silence on idle its so nice to just hear the exhaust burbling away and not a tick tick tick

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
did an oil change yesterday, let the car idle for a while tick just didnt go away, then another 5 minutes and it was gone! like totally gone, even when i started it up in the morning there was no tick! I had major ticking like constantly and when i accelerated it got worse and extremely loud. My car is also revving alot smoother in acceleration. This stuff is amazing im going to be recomending this stuff to everyone i know!!! Its soooo awesome, my car is finally dead quiet yay

sexspecvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
ADAM
Drive
GALANT VR4
yeah man its good gear!!! and put some in ur gear box (manual) the gear changes are soooooooo smooth...

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
yea i have an automatic so no putting it into my gearbox :( ahaha otherwise i might break something lol

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I got some from Sprints Enfield, it's about $35 for 250ml which is about the same if you order it. Maybe a little more but hey if you're impatient like me it's sold there.

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Facelift Peal Legnum VR4
Just posted comment in lifters thread about this...

Ordered it Monday night, and it came Tuesday Morning, From QLD to SA... How??

Anyway it works a treat, ticking went immediately after applying.. interested to see how long it lasts, only used half a bottle so if i can use one bottle every two oil changes then I'm a happy chappy with a silent motor!

rbrtpalin

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Robert
Drive
VR-4 Galant 1996 Model
Love the comment about the mexicans. describes the chatter perfectly. Ordered mine tonight. cant wait for silence!

Top Bottom