[QLD] Who's up for a wash...

G

Unregistered
I play bass - at the moment, we're just doing covers and have our first few gigs coming up this weekend and next Friday. Only got together a few months back but have come a long way. We're playing at the Pavillion on the 23rd at 9.30 - let me know if you're interested in coming along.

What about yourself - what are where do you play?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i've just finished buffing my car.. it's very shiny now.. :D:D:D I'm happy..

but the small scratches are showing.. so i'll get some scratch remover polish..

G

Unregistered
I play bass - at the moment, we're just doing covers and have our first few gigs coming up this weekend and next Friday. Only got together a few months back but have come a long way. We're playing at the Pavillion on the 23rd at 9.30 - let me know if you're interested in coming along.

Excellent, yeah I'd definately be keen to come down for a listen. PM me your details and junk.

I play guitar (doesn't everyone!? lol) and just moved to Brisbane from Mackay a couple of weeks ago. Our singer is already down here and our drummer is coming down at the beginning of next month. We're actually on the lookout for a bass player too as our previous one just had a baby girl and didn't want to unsettle the family by moving. Shame you're already in a band :(

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum
im sitting in bloody singapore, so cant make it.........you know im always up for a car wash, get some pics Christian. Hvae a good one lads

DarkVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Black FL Reganum

Hey Big guy, thanks for the invite txt the other day, had no pingers on my phone so couldnt reply, cant make it sorry. Would love to come and watch ya play anutha time bro.

Keep out of trouble hehehe

G

Unregistered
James:That's alright, mate. Hopefully there will be plenty more to come!

Kris: I'll message you the details tomorrow night. I'm just about to run off to get read for a wedding gig we're playing tonight, so am slightly short of time because of a big night out last night!

Oh, and what sort of music do you guys play?

G

Unregistered
Awesome mate, looking forward to it! What sort of stuff do you play?

We play a lot of commercial stuff but try and steer clear from the generic shit played by everyone else (i.e. Sweet Home Alabama, Alive, When I Come Around, etc) as you can walk into any pub/club and hear that. Instead, we try and play a bit of everything so we can adjust our setlist depending on the venue. There's too many songs to name but a few are by:

Black Eyed Peas
Metallica
Regurgitator
The Offspring
AFI
Kelly Clarkson
No Doubt
Michael Jackson
Hewy Lewis & The News
Garbage
Black Sabbath

So if the place is a bit of a seedy pub we'll break out the old school rock and ballads. If it's somewhere fresh and upbeat with a younger crowd we'll play some more dance stuff.

G

Unregistered
At the moment, we are just playing the generic shit! :D We'll be doing originals in a couple of months when we've got enough covers done.

Ok, the gig at the Pavilion, 10.30-11.30 on this Friday night. We are apparently headlining, lol! The wedding went amazingly - can't believe how well we nailed it. I'm now worried this Friday is going to be taken too casually.

I'm going to be in Townsville until Friday (I leave tomorrow) so hope to see you there.

Mods, if you are happy, I've love a separate thread advertising this if at all possible...

Leigh

G

Unregistered
Sounds good, how many other bands are on? I might even get there early and check them all out :D

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
I'd love to sit at a kit again. Used to play the drums but haven't touched a kit for about 10 yrs. Picked up an acoustic about 6 months ago and trying to teach myself but don't really seem to be going anywhere, maybe lessons will force me to sit down and do some homework on it :)

Re wash meet, no go for me, my weeknights are generally pretty difficult to get out on.

G

Unregistered
At this stage, I think it's just a solo guy before us so won't be too much excitement until we start. :)

Sounds to me like we need a VR4 band...

Leigh

Top Bottom