[QLD] Willowbank Race-Ya-Mate Drag Night Meet. Friday 15th September

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Hi guys,
Who's keen to see what their car can do down the 1/4 mile? Finally put a number to how fast you think your car is :D
Lets all get together and make a QLD meet out of it! Feel free to come along, watch and show your support if you don't think your cars up to driving 400m in a straight line.
Willowbank holds drag nights open to the public on set nights where anyone can rock up, pay and drive.
I'm keen to get my car back out to the drag strip to set a new time and it would be great if some more VR-4s joined me.
race ya mate.jpg

(Hopefully more than 1 joins me next time)
When:
Friday 15th September
Gates open at 5.30pm and runs commence at 6pm
Where:
Willowbank Raceway
38 Champions Way, Willowbank QLD 4307
Cost:
Entry is on the day at the gate.
$50 to race, admits entrant only
Spectators $20 adults, $18 students with ID
Children 13 & under are free
Passenger rides $20
Requirements:
The minimum helmet requirement at Race Ya Mate and Street Series events for street vehicles (i.e - non IHRA licence holders) is AS/NZS 1698.
Long sleeved cotton shirt
Long pants
Closed in shoes
Other:
Subject to weather, racing is called off if it rains. Refunds given if you get fewer than 3 runs.
Further Information:
http://www.willowbankraceway.com.au/events/detail.aspx?EventGroupID=45

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Thanks man, can I leave my spare diff with you too? :p

I think it should be a good week for it, not long after Jambo so most of the really serious cars won't be crowding up the place.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I *was* planning on coming, but in the last couple of weeks I've had both front hubs start dying horribly, plugs decide to start dying horribly (or maybe it's the ISC), discovered all four of my 1yr old coilovers are leaking, as is my power steering. Oh and my drivers door weathershield finally broke and fell off mid-way home last Friday.

Anyone want another Legnum? :(

pretzil

2 AYC Bars
First Name
Rick
Drive
Legnum VR4
Not the weathershield!

Also, what brand are the coilovers?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
You bringing any of your cars Simon?
Ive only got one left now :(
My engine (silver car) isn't long for this world with a lot of blow by and leak down. I need it to keep going until the white car is ready.- hopefully about 4 weeks away!

JayDay

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
1999 FL Legnum (ex-Daily)

1985 Hilux 4X4 (Daily)
Hey it sounds really good. I've been wanting to go to the drags for a while but just haven't got around to it. Going with a bunch of other VR4s sounds like the best way to do it :D
If it's cool with everyone else I might invite my mate with a Stagea. See how his car goes against ours.

JayDay

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
1999 FL Legnum (ex-Daily)

1985 Hilux 4X4 (Daily)
@pretzil It's an AWD W34 Stagea. I think it's been NIStuned, cat back exhaust and has an upgraded intercooler. It's pretty clean

Top Bottom