Question about the return from the BOV

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
OK i dont think its been covered before but ive noticed that from the stock bov the return line from the BOV is returned back into the front turbo.

Ive installed an ATMO BOV and its mounted right up close to the opening of my TB. My question is I am thinking about returning the expelled air from my HKS SSQV back into the intake but I want to know if I should return the air back to the original location in front of the front turbo, or if i should split the pipe and return the air back infont of each turbo (being the rear aswell)? I cant see why you would return the expelled air into one turbo especially now im running more boost when there is 2. Am i onto something here or is returning the air back to the original standard position going to be fine?

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I'd imagine the stock recirc location would be fine. If it wasn't OK to plumb it back to just one of the snails, then why would Mitsubishi set them up that way in the first place?
I don't think there's provision in the stock piping TO plumb it back infront of both turbros, and it'd be a mighty PITA to make it so.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Im thinking bout a custom intake thats why im asking im aware theres nothing available on the rear turbo piiping, and the return for the one on the front where the original BOV sits is about 2 inches long thats why its located there, but my BOV is ages away from either of them, actually the distance to rear snail is shorter than it is to the front now but Im just curios as to any benefits (if any) of returning the air to each turbo as opposed to one..........

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Probably talking out my ass, but maybe Mitsi designed it to go only to the front turbo to help response time. sending the air to 1 turbo might get it moving faster, making boost quicker? I dunno...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
feildy, your ass can talk some shit lol :p

recirc into one turbo would be fine, the pressure would equal out. if you go a custom intake then you do anything you like, just make sure its a good distance from the maf not directly after it

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
The air pumped into the front turbo would make hardly any difference with response between both turbos. The reason why Mitsi done it was to cut costs on plumbing. That would be the only reason.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Yeah, what Trevor said, would just have been the easiest place to put it.

G

Unregistered
Topic was touched on only today. But yes, I did wonder about why it only goes back to one turbo. Perhaps because Mitsubishi decided that little puff of air makes bugger all difference in the scheme of things. How much could it be anyway? Also here's a thought, is the distance from the "Y" to the rear turbo the same as the distance to the front turbo? If the distance to the rear is shorter, then dumping the boost back close to the front turbo would only even things up anyway.

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?9515-Galant-Legnum-stock-BOV-bypass

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
If the intake i make gets done the distance from each turbo will be the same up to the point where it becomes one pipe so distance will be equal hence y im askin the question, if it dont matter if it goes to one or the other then great was just curious ill read the post above tomorrow

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Stuff tomorrow, the link above is useless doesnt tell me anything i didnt know already

Top Bottom