Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
Looking at listings online for koyorad and knock offs ect,
Is there a difference between auto and manual rads?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
By memory, the auto radiators have the cooler lines for the transmission running into it and think the manual ones don't have that.

But if your running a separate cooler for the transmission then I'd think the manual one should be fine ?

Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
So mine manual if i got a auto one will i need to plug those lines up?and will be sweet?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
If yours is a manual then I think it should be fine.
I don't think you really need to cap them off but up to you because nothing will be going thought the lines.

But this is what I think but don't see any other reason what I'm saying is wrong. Sorry only I don't wanna give wrong info, saying all that if I needed a radiator and a auto was available and mine was a manual I'd just buy it and install it.

Hyjinx

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jeff
Drive
01 Legnum
89 w124 Merc
Thats what ive done lol.
It was avail today for install tomorrow :). goodish timing as i bought a cooler the other day as well so might as well do the lot.

Im sure ill find out pretty fast if i need to plug them up.

20190629_164025.jpg

Size1

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
00 legnum vr4
You will be fine(y) seperate chamber for transmission fluid only.

Lasiorhinus

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Stephen
Drive
White FL Legnum
Have just swapped my radiator out for an aftermarket aluminium radiator - and the automatic transmission cooler line attachment points don't fit.

Am I doing something wrong or do these attachment points come in varying sizes? The radiator was advertised to specifically fit the Legnum VR4.

Top Bottom