This might sound really stupid!!!!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I love those Super VR4 wings so much Brad don't be suprised if yours is missing one morning. Ooohhhh and the purple dash too....and the kit...and the steering wheel....screw it, i'll take the whole damn car. Just leave the keys under the doormat for me Brad, i'll take great care of her ;):p

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I love those Super VR4 wings so much Brad don't be suprised if yours is missing one morning. Ooohhhh and the purple dash too....and the kit...and the steering wheel....screw it, i'll take the whole damn car. Just leave the keys under the doormat for me Brad, i'll take great care of her ;):p

Those wings aren't cheap to replace either so please leave a bucket of blood for me to donate to the blood bank in return. Oh, & an arm & leg as well.

I'm desperately trying to sell off my stuff that's clogging up the garage so I can repark her in the garage safely again!!! I fret just with it parked outside the front door! :sad:

Back on-topic, I've seen a few ST-Rs on CarSales pop up that have been brought over by NZers. I wonder how they got them in ?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I'm desperately trying to sell off my stuff that's clogging up the garage so I can repark her in the garage safely again!!! I fret just with it parked outside the front door! :sad:
Back on-topic, I've seen a few ST-Rs on CarSales pop up that have been brought over by NZers. I wonder how they got them in ?

Yeah, thats one thing about the Supers, they certainly are nowhere near as stealthy and incognito as a normal VR-4. I highly doubt anyone would steal my "Magna", even with the boost gauge peering through the window.
Also I think if you come to Australia from elsewhere you can bring over (almost) any car you want as a "personal import", of course i'm assuming this would not be at all cheap. But if a cars rare/needed enough I guess it's an option. Not sure if Aussie residents can take holidays and bring back personal imports though, i'm guessing not.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Perhaps if they were owned in NZ for more than a year?

Make sure you get a manual one though, the 4 speed auto has really wide ratios and makes the car a ton slower.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I want to know how garden-variety Carinas and old N/A Mark IIs end up here. I mean, they're rare for Australia, but they're nothing special. Surely it would be easier to just buy a car when you get here?

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Get half cut and do an engine conversion..... There's FA else they can do with ST-R's in oz and you'd get the whole engine etc cheap. The chassis is the same so it'd all pretty much bolt-in, just gotta spend the dosh up front. Prob wouldn't save you any in the long run after the conversion costs but i'm just throwing it out there :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Indeed, there is no real point. Personally I'm looking forward to an rpw style mivec n/a 6a13. I've got enough spare VR-4 engines, just need to get a spare fto and a spare str engine :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Nah, he's an auto driver so he could get away with it lol..... Its like riding a postie hahaha :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
......................... & that would be just a fantastic work car.......

NOT.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Somewhat unsurprisingly, given the appearance, that one isn't standard. :rolleyes: A standard one would be just as suitable as a Legnum, I'd have thought.

12169705.jpg

Bit pricey, but very very nice cars. As soon as you say "Stagea" people think of the ugly ones. I reckon half the "import people" in Australia don't even know that this model exists.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I know full well that model exists. The M35 is what I was comparing against the Legnum, but just too pricey. I was looking at the AR-X I believe or something like that, with jacked up suspension & also with 4WS but couldn't justify the price.... plus they weren't well known just like the Legnums at that point.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Plus they have a big fat arse hanging at the back which I don't like... the Legnums look better from behind

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
The M35 still looks like a Volvo. A newer Volvo.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. Volvos have style now.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The M35 still looks like a Volvo. A newer Volvo.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. Volvos have style now.

I saw one in the flesh for the first time a month or so back and was struck by how good it looked. Much nicer than in photos. I think they look a lot "newer" than VR4s. Different sort of cars though.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
That champagne coloured one there has the 350S kit on it, which is the model with basically a 350Z engine, gearbox and rear diff in it. 6 speed manual rwd wagon - hell yeah :D

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Let's go back & revisit the ST-R theory;

What would be required in transplanting an ST-R engine into the VR4 ?
They are also 4-speed autos too aren't they?
Would an ST-R engine match up to a VR4 INVECS 5-sp box?
You'd need to swap for an ST-R ECU too?

Any shit required to keep the government happy? Hey might bring the insurance premiums down too....

I'm interested. :)

Top Bottom