RC Cars/Trucks/Buggies

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I wonder what will start breaking when you switch to carbon, it always seems to shift the part that breaks

I reckon the drive shafts/axles bend because the A arms are crap too

I straightened all mine in a vice, the more you do that the easier they bend next time. But I've just started taking it easier.

I think it's possible to change to steel parts. I know you can find steel drive shafts and hubs, towers etc for the 1/8 scales. There must be some for the 1/10

It makes it heavier with higher rotating mass too but you can run a 3s on them all day anyway and not notice the difference

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Also was looking for a clear shell (as I hate the HSP stock look) and no one sells a clear shell. They are all pre-painted unfortunately :(

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
yeah they are the ones im thinking about, mine is currently out of action due to drive shafts bent and missing a hub carrier pin (the hex went flying off along with a wheel on a big ass jump lol)
i'll likely get them

im pretty sure you can use a paint stripper on the existing lexan body to strip it, i removed every single sticker from my HSP and it looks heaps better. not great.. but heaps better

i regret getting a 1/10 scale, the 1/8 is so much better built and is a lot like the HPI Vorza.. almost exactly like it. this is my first 1/10 scale buggy, ive only ever had rwd offroad stadium truck and a 4wd drift car in this size previously and the truck being so light never broke down

also if you push your shocks all the way down, you will see your drive shafts pull a bit out of the cup and then at their limit they start to bend. i was looking to see if the big bore shocks from the 1/8 would fit. because i think thats whats bending them. is the landings and the shocks bottom out and all the pressure goes into the shaft

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I put some Losi 70 weight oil I had in the shocks - pogo city!! Lol. Bouncier than a kid at bounce inc.
So bought some 30 weight on way home from work instead - should be a little more control over the undulations

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
And I removed the stickers as you can see and solid wheels like most competitive buggys helps too ;)
But will probably focus on my T4.2 from now on.

Top Bottom