Remote oil filter

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
I have located a remote oil filter adaptor on ebay. It has side exit fittings and is low profile, 47mm height. Listing shows it to be 22mm for LS1 engine but the seller also lists all the filter types they can spec it out for which includes 20mm.

$(KGrHqUOKpIE5V-sCIhUBOko52c0yQ~~60_12.JPG

Messaged him to confirm they can fit a Z142A Ryco filter, so the adaptor will fit the engine. Can rotate outlets 360' before tightening centre nut for optimal positioning. (which i presume is under the 3 bolt allen key top)
Was thinking of using the Jackmaster oil filter he also sells.

$T2eC16JHJGkE9no8gJH7BQNIh3VvD!~~60_12.JPG
5123_12.JPG
53d3_12.JPG

Beauty of using that filter is you don't need an additional remote filter mount to attach a traditional filter and the re-placement filter elements are $10. Less if you buy quantities.

Ebay link for adaptor is http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Remote-O...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce3b8a420

Ebay link for Jackmaster oil filter http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BYPASS-O...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce436ba79

Ebay user name is 1447elkins

The main reasons I am interested is because my car is stupidly low ATM (filter looks like a rock magnet). Would like an oil pressure and temp sensor and so I can run a bigger(Jackmaster) or dual Z142A filter setup.

What are your thoughts, am I missing anything?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i have one of these setup and seems good..

you just need proper hoses/tubing to suit this..

he can also make you almost anything you need and he likes to accommodate customers as much as he can :)

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
If I was going to go down the remote filter route, I'd put a cooler in the loop, using a thermostat. Little bit more tubing & work but beneficial I reckon.

Biznitch

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Scott
Drive
Legnum
i have one of these setup and seems good..

you just need proper hoses/tubing to suit this..

he can also make you almost anything you need and he likes to accommodate customers as much as he can :)

Was trying to find info on remote setups on CVR4 and read a post saying you had a good one but only found the thread where you decided against it. My search skills(sic) must have failed me. I am comforted to know you have one and it works well. Did you use the Jacmaster filter as well?

If I was going to go down the remote filter route, I'd put a cooler in the loop, using a thermostat. Little bit more tubing & work but beneficial I reckon.

So the oil cooler would be bypassed with the thermostat when cold?

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
This sounds like a pretty good idea. Also may make oil changes easier.... or harder depends where you mount it haha

Top Bottom