Rental Aurion

G

Unregistered
Myself and Mitch had a rental Aurion last friday nite. Now the guys there were there said it wouldnt do a skid and as you can see they clearly do. I LOVE RENTALS.
And Aurions are also quicker then a Legnum with boost and a catback :p

Our friend that filmed the first video was rather intoxicated

G

Unregistered
that thing bakes HARD.

i LAUNCHED it, and the aurion still caught me.

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
I remember seeing a stock Aurion doing l13's at WISD when I was there last.

Antilag cruise looks like an awesome way to lose your license!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
You guys look like your havin fun ;) Seriously though, WTF is with the Aurion - is it really a 13sec car? That would make it australias best kept automotive secret.....

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Ok I did some googling to substantiate my wild claims. It was a TRD Aurion which cost over 50K and it must have had some mods because they only claim 14.2 for it. I'm sure it was doing high to mid 13's.

Anyhow, australis best kept front wheel dirve secret...

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Sounds like Trent from Punchy on the 1st video... "I love you c#*nts, do a skiiiiiiiiiddddd c#*nts"...

lol :p

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Miiiiitchy, heee's a siiiiik C%Nt, he's got a Big D#ckooooooo!

Rofl mallen!

Hmm sorry about the rail roading :/

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
The standard Aurions have like 220kw so they have a fair bit of go. But i have heard that they are a bitch to drive through corners. Try and put the power down and the front wheels skip and have trouble getting decent grip, which is pretty common on powerful FWD's. Did you find that to be the case? Be interesting to see the potential as an all rounder if it was AWD.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
Yeah my bad guys, dont know where i got that from! Wouldnt go so far as calling FWD the devils method...had some memorable times in my honda integra. Theoretically it would almost keep up with the vr4 on a windy road in the wet!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
According to the figures in the back of Wheels, the Aurion has 200kw and does 0-100 in roughly 7 seconds, and a 15 sec 0-400m. The TRD adds 41kw and does 6.2 / 14.3.

G

Unregistered
I that is missus in the car naa some random, mmmm sick do a burnt out uuuuuuuu cants

LOL

Classic

G

Unregistered
According to the figures in the back of Wheels, the Aurion has 200kw and does 0-100 in roughly 7 seconds, and a 15 sec 0-400m. The TRD adds 41kw and does 6.2 / 14.3.

This is done with them no disengaging the traction/stability/ torque management. Unless you know someone at Toyota youd never know how to do it. Think Mitch still doesnt know.

We only had the AT-X model which is POV and doesnt handle to badly, i have also had a Sportivo rental and they handle pretty damn well. High speed sweepers and that would level peg with a stock legnum.

G

Unregistered
The standard Aurions have like 220kw so they have a fair bit of go. But i have heard that they are a bitch to drive through corners. Try and put the power down and the front wheels skip and have trouble getting decent grip, which is pretty common on powerful FWD's. Did you find that to be the case? Be interesting to see the potential as an all rounder if it was AWD.

200kw, 336Nm. They also weigh 1600kg. So cant under stand how they are quicker then a legnum, they just are. And i mean Mitch has ran a 13.7 in his car and even after Mitch launched it still ran him down.
Id like to see one with mods done to it (sus, ecu, etc) and not a TRD one as they like to break engines

G

Unregistered
i know what to press, and how many times.. just not the sequence...
i'll just try every combination till it works. :p

and yes, turn off torque managment and these things farken piss! they are definately 13 second cars...

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I can't quite see how these can be quicker than a Legnum in stock form. A VR-4 is 206kw and 363nm and obviously has the advantage of 4wd grip. They are both about the same weight, Mitsi rate a manual VR-4 at 1550kg, but that is without any fluids, so it is more like 1600kg. Not sure how the Aurion is weighed though.

The big difference however will be the power bands, the VR-4 makes more than 340nm (more than the Aurion at any rpm) from 2250rpm to 6000rpm. Where the Aurion might be a bit better is right up high, it's 200kw is made at 6200rpm so it sounds like it will pull fairly hard to at least 6500rpm, what is the redline on one of these?

If 2-5th gears are all really close so you don't get the disadvantage of losing a whole heap of revs and falling off the power curve compared to the wide range of turbo torque in the VR-4, AND it revs to 7000rpm then I could see how it could be similar in speed to a VR-4 in a flat out drag race.

But in daily driving the huge mid range torque of a VR-4 and it's 4wd would make it a much more capable car on the road in normal driving conditions, around corners and especially in the wet.

Top Bottom