Rental Aurion

-T8-

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tate
Drive
WRX CSE5, 7g galant
look at the fuel use figures tho.. the vr4s win for that.. my mate has an aurion (his dad bought it for him >_>) and while it drills in a straight line thats all its good for (his average fuel consumption is 17lt/100km) The aurions power delivery is boring, its exhaust note is boring, the way it masks speed is boring.. its still just a camry with a bigger engine.. modding camry's :S
The crazy braking before a corner, and accelerate to early u get cronic understeer.. goes thru rubber pretty quick
It also has the advantage of being way newer than vr4s therefore more efficient.. even with the awd launch, Aurions hav a 6 speed which puts power down so well

Ill stick to vr4s, gotta stand out from the crowd

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I had to rent an Aurion when up in QLD for work as my Legnum needed emergency repairs.

Could not wait to get in the VR4 again. The Aurion 'may' be quicker, but it's got nowhere as much traction as a VR4. Especially when it's raining. Too much wheelspin & slippery when you keep thinking you're driving a Legnum.

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
I think you won't get an answer of him... he wasn't online here for ages, car got stolen and burnt out :bored:

I've got an Aurion since 3 weeks now... I've to admit it's a nice car, but what I can't stand is that you can trash it, rev it or whatsoever... the engine is quiet as a mouse! 6000+rpm and you here absolutely nothing, that sucks!

And the fuel consumption is pretty much the same as my Legnum... I did 500km the other day, 110km/h - 120km/h and got 9.8l/100km!

G

Unregistered
I think you won't get an answer of him... he wasn't online here for ages, car got stolen and burnt out :bored:

I've got an Aurion since 3 weeks now... I've to admit it's a nice car, but what I can't stand is that you can trash it, rev it or whatsoever... the engine is quiet as a mouse! 6000+rpm and you here absolutely nothing, that sucks!

And the fuel consumption is pretty much the same as my Legnum... I did 500km the other day, 110km/h - 120km/h and got 9.8l/100km!
Google it is then...My dad has one for work, and yea its kinda nuts how unless you're really flogging it, it doesnt make a sound...Also gave me a scare first time I drove it, cos I wasnt expecting it to go so hard haha

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Aurions are deceptively fast, and with the engine and lots of the drive train from Lexus, also quiet / refined.

I guess it caters to that market who tend not to be driving enthusiasts!

knickers

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nic
Drive
'99 EC5A VR-4 Type V
I tried to have a play with a TRD aurion on canterbury/springvale rd today but there was too much traffic :(

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
lol i have seen soooo many of these roll into my work at the servo with elderly drivers behind the wheel. The people who are buying them think they are just uprated reliable old Camrys (debatable...) so dulling the engine noise was probably a good idea. Nanna wouldn't wanna hear the engine scream on the way to get the paper now would she?
But I do think these cars are an an excellent "sleeper" sort of car. Fast, incognito and wouldn't get a glance from most people, cops included.

Top Bottom