Replacement AYC Pressure Switch

G

Unregistered
Trevor, Ive been thinking about replacing the switch as i have the same issue. Where did u get urs from? issit the adjustable switch? The fact that ur AYC light came on after the left corner could just be a coincidence that the AYC has heated up too much at that point.

Reason why i say this is that my light can sometimes stay off for half and hour and come on when cruising down a straight road. When its really cold of course. Any moderate-warm day and it turns on almost instantly when i start.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Phong have you bled your AYC fluid yet? If not that's the first step - you could just have old, knackered fluid or air in the system. Once you've eliminated that, check the first post in this thread for details on where to get the switch.

G

Unregistered
Yea i had it serviced and bled at a garage called MEEK. after the bleed the hand controller they used to service the AYC came up with pump fail. I can guess that it says pump fail because the switch never gets the pressure it looking for.

Im just curious if the switch is pressure adjustable? And curious how you go after you bleed your AYC?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The switch never dies, these let you adjust the pressure so a failing pump can have a bit more life

G

Unregistered
is it possible to damage the AYC diff if the pressure is too low and the pump is allowed to keep operating? Ive ordered the switch. just worried if i set it too low and bust something like a diff or clutches.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
If you set the pressure too low the pump will just come on earlier / faster (thus more frequently) and work a bit longer. Given that it builds pressure within seconds its not that big a deal, but the more frequently you run the pump the quicker it will die, and it WILL die eventually, just hopefully long after you have any use for it ;)

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Yea i had it serviced and bled at a garage called MEEK. after the bleed the hand controller they used to service the AYC came up with pump fail. I can guess that it says pump fail because the switch never gets the pressure it looking for.

Im just curious if the switch is pressure adjustable? And curious how you go after you bleed your AYC?

The switch is not adjustable. What happens is as the pump ages it can not keep the constant pressure up.
Although the pump is working if there isn't sufficiant pressure the red light will come on after 30secs or so.
I believe the delay in between starting and the red AYC light coming on is that the electronics give it chance to make correct pressure.
As the pump drops below the 12psi factory as it ages all you need to do it replace the factory switch with a lower pressure item.
I have found a compatable pressure switch that runs at 10psi and will allow an older pump to do the job for years after the red AYC light comes on.
You won't actually lower the pressure of the pump but rather match the of a worn pump with a switch that suits.

Top Bottom