Replacement Front engine mount

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Hey peeps,

Just throwing this out there but i am about to order a new Mitsubishi Legnum front engine mount as mine is cactus through the U.K. They work out to approx $80-85 depending on exchange rate. Did anyone want one that they want to split some shipping cost's with me?
Only catch is they have to order them thru Mitsi UK who have to get them ex Japan so will take a couple of extra weeks.

Will wait a few day's to garner responses.

Cheers

Scott

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
order it from Bill @ Ralliart NZ - quicker turnaround and cheaper too I think. I got one for ~$65AU delivered around 18 months ago, shouldnt be too dis-similar these days i would think.

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
When u say front engine mount, do u mean the front drivers side mount near the over flow bottle. Or do u mean the front roller rocker mount?

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
I mean the front of the engine bay mount that is down at the bottom of the radiator near the front turbo.
Brad, that's good to know.

Cheers

Scott

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The two mounts on the side of the engine bay, the one roughly in the middle of the V on the engine side and on top of the transmission on the passengers side are the two that are called engine mounts by Mitsi.

The front one near the radiator, and rear one that is near the transfer case are called Roll Stops

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
Okay thanks guys, i will call it a Roll Stop for now.
I guess from the lack of interest i will just order one for myself then.

Cheers

Scott

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Recently had an Evo rear bush pressed into my front roll stopper mount. Feels tight. Cost <$100 including postage from meek (something like $77 or so from memory)

It's a solid rubber bush, FAR stronger than the factory item which, tbh, looks like a piece of rubber connected to the metal by 2 overly flexible 'hairs'.)

VR4 WRC

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum VR4
I too have read that. As the car is my wife's daily driver i am trying to keep downtime to a minimum so have decided that a complete swap over. Means that my old one would be available to someone who would want to insert the EVO solid mount before removing their's for minimal downtime as well.

Scott

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
fair enough. I changed my front, side and rear in the same day - however you need access to a workshop to press them in for you. Takes about 2-3 hours including waiting for the workshop / reassembling everything.

Worridge

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don't worry
Drive
98 Legnum AKA KEN
Had the front roll stop mount machined up by Ludowici Rubbers and Plastics
3-4 day turn around $51.80 and I just had the local mechanic use his press to press it in, Nice and tight and firm.

Piece of p!ss to replace yourself, 1.5 Hrs all up (not race pace). But I always say make sure you use a torque wrench, fists can be fatal!

Can send CAD drawings and order number to anyone who requires if you PM me.
Will post photos soon.

Top Bottom