Replacement / upgrade for our Turbo Actuator

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The stock turbos are really well out of their efficiency range at that sort of boost. Mine are running around 16psi and the car goes really well with the full ecu, so I guess I can't be too negative about it!

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
I've had upgraded units put on my motor. God knows what they are, but I can ask the kids at the shop who sourced them for me if you lot like?

Im running them as high as they'll effectively go at 18 pound at the moment, but also have the full ECU, so bit incomparable!

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
The stock turbos are really well out of their efficiency range at that sort of boost. Mine are running around 16psi and the car goes really well with the full ecu, so I guess I can't be too negative about it!

he he fair enough! I think the thing to take from yours is full ECU!!

Bennoz- 18, man i'd love to know what speed they're at that psi. Shame there's no compressor map for them :(
For my benefit what power is your car producing?

Can i ask roughly what $$ and why you chose to new actuators?

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
he he fair enough! I think the thing to take from yours is full ECU!!

Bennoz- 18, man i'd love to know what speed they're at that psi. Shame there's no compressor map for them :(
For my benefit what power is your car producing?

Can i ask roughly what $$ and why you chose to new actuators?

lol, well I have a set of spare tubs at home for when I blow these ones up... which will inevitably happen. I also have 2 boost groups set up on my boost controller, 1 at 12psi for daily driving & the second at 18 pound... for getting away from the cops etc :tongue_smilie:

From memory, we got the pair for around $300. The reson, I seem to recall the mech saying that the factory units weren't able to hold the boost pressure past a certain point - as such we were unable to wind the boost past 12 or 13 pound. Whether one or both of them were failing / faulty, I don't know.

At 18 pound she's producing 247kws at the front wheels. Im still trying to get that higher with cam timing thou. I've got the vernier gears are on, but not yet dialled in. The peak power is at about 6,250rpm & after that it dips off a little (as the tubs run out of steam) which is where we'll try compensate with cam timing (and further down the track, use the nos.)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Mine are high flowed on the exhaust side too, hence why I take until 3000rpm to get to 1 bar, a car with stock turbos should be able to do it at about 2800rpm. They were completely rebuilt when they were installed 10,000km ago.

I've got about 3 sets of spare turbos here so I don't care too much if they hand grenade.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Bennoz, what ecu are you using? 18, man those little bugger must be approaching the speed of light at the psi (y)
Who is doing your tuning?
What is is producing at 12psi?? I'm really interested in this figure!!

Be interested to see how the ex timing goes

Brad, who high flowed them, what did they do and what did it cost?
Brad have you tried running more boost?? Why did you stop at 16?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Some guy called Steve Murch, he is reasonably well known in NZ. I don't know what was done and I didn't pay for the work to be done, I bought them from someone who never fitted them to his car.

Top Bottom