[S]uperMa[N] aka Dean // Melbourne - VIC

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
I'm the first australian owner so yeah I am shocked, ripped off by the importer I guess.... I can only imagine the rest of the cars out there people thinking their cars are 80 or 90thou bought from importers.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Doesn't suprise me at all. Is definately more common with importing that local sales. 26,000 is far too low.

Having said that, if it drives will etc. then who cares?

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
This is true Scottie! I keep finding weird stuff in this car, found a cellstar alpha xt 65 radar detector in the wheel well and some panasonic diversity tv antenna's.. God and I was looking for zip ties when I was doing the cooler on the weekend just remembered they were in there too.. Oh well lol

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Dean.

Unfortunately, imports are notorious for having their odometers wound back. Heck, in Japan, you can even buy the machines that wind back the electronic odometers!

This is why it's important to use an importer who will inspect your car in the flesh and knows what to look for. For example, a car showing 26k on the clock is not likely to have genuine K's if:

a) the rubber grooves on the pedals are worn;

b) the steering wheel is worn, especially around the 9 o'clock position - same for the gear knob; or

c) the seats (and particularly the driver's seat) looks old and tired.

Definitely consider getting the timing belt done. You may find that they might be service stickers under the bonnet indicating a different mileage as well!

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
Funny you say that, I can't remember seeing anything under the bonnet to do with service. Except my windscreen has a motul sticker saying next service at 30,601km or before a certain date which I can't remember lol I haven't checked my pedals but I can say the interior is really clean and straight and no fading. The steering wheel doesn't look worn, faded. The gear stick I got was a momo, which is worn. In saying that the original pictures I saw of the car it didn't have a gear knob on it. So I don't know if it came with the car or it was just one they had laying around and threw it on.

I will definitely look under the bonnet tomorrow for a service sticker! Just wish I could read japanesse and understand these papers lol Hope its paperwork for another car lol

Edit: STEERING WHEEL IS WORN! ARRGH lol

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Well Dean, it's a helluva saga but still good to have you onboard. Get it all checked out since then? :)

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
Havent really done much with it since, its good atm and I like it like that lol. I think might head on down to rowville meet for the car wash my car is due!

Top Bottom