[SA] Come'n'Try Collingrove Hillclimb - 27th Sept.

G

Unregistered
not sure. i only found out about this this morning. they usually only give a couple of weeks notice afaik.

the car doesnt need much to run at a hillclimb. just a helmet and a fire extinguisher and a secondary bonnet latch ($25 from autosport) and fundamental track stickers. its different to a normal track event.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
I did it 2 years ago in my r31, had heaps o fun!!! I think i got 5 or 6 runs for the day, comp days you only get 2 or 3!

the come and try is only once a year but the wintercup has a 3 or 4 rounds per year and is a bit more serious.

Once i get out of weekend work, im going to have a more serious crack at some track work, its great fun

G

Unregistered
well, what a fantastic day! im absolutely buggered!!

i had an aim of beating the 40sec mark by the end of the day when i got there - i did that after my 3rd run lol :ROFLMAO:

1st - not sure, the timer jammed.
2nd - 41.44 secs
3rd - 38.90 secs
4th - 38.43 secs
5th - 37.50 secs
6th - 37.91 secs

i had the quickest first sector of the day (low 7secs, 7.07 at one stage!). i was fastest overall for the day until the last couple of runs that an evo 8/9 had which were 37.00 and 37.48.

there was even a black evo x there which was running 39.00-41.00secs.

im absolutely stoked with my time and the way i handled the track, given its my first time out there :D

G

Unregistered
i was almost tempted to go back out there today for the multiclub event..but thought id give the car a rest, but next year definately will be! :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Nice one! bit disappointing it wasnt in the legnum but still, good work!

when i did it the were still testing the timing system and didnt publish times (it was also supposed to be non competitive).

Apparently they have scrapped the timing system they had at that stage as it appeared it was never going to work properly and the company that supplied and installed it gave up as they couldnt meet the clubs needs (refunding the clubs money too thankfully). Im glad to hear they have a working system now.

G

Unregistered
the legnum will not see track work, its a daily and thats all. im not spending/wasting money on it to get it reliable enough to see track time (oil coolers, brakes, transmission overhauling etc etc)

the sss is built for that.

the timing system at collingrove was working really well apart from the first run where the paper jammed in the printer.

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
surely brakes wouldnt be an issue for collingrove? the run is to short?

Top Bottom