[SA] Cruise # 4 (?) discussion

G

Unregistered
yeah dion mentioned he had a route in mind but nothing has been organized yet. so one of you two could make it. im happy with that. i dont know the hills or the roads up north very well. i only know south of adelaide so could only make one if it was heading this way anway.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
with most my cruises i like to start central, go where ever, then return to a central location.

anyway see what comes of this, if enough people keen i can get something sussed.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Steve, where were you thinking of heading?

Are others still keen for drifts next weekend, in addition to this possible cruise on the 17th of June?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i was thinking victor via the south east hills. lol the cruise was meant to be today the 17th, but nothing came of it.

G

Unregistered
yeah victor would be a sweet run. and yes still keen for the drifts. im prob going both days. which day have we chosen to meet on?

G

Unregistered
however im worried about the defect stations the cops always setup at mallala on the big drift events. car is tinted, lowered, and has front mount now so they will notice it for sure. i would hate to get done.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i would prefer to go up on the sunday for the finals, but depends on the weather, and my free pass is saturday, hmm.

i wouldnt worry about cops, especially in our cars, there will be so many skylines for them to look at before they even figure out our cars are mitsubishi's.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
woops, did we really float the 17th of May as an idea :p

this weekends looking a bit shady, not sure if i can make it, but am still very keen for cruise in June......

should we aim for late june? Victor sounds good, we can possibly tie in a bit of the route i was thinking on the way

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
yeah plan for late june, then heaps of warning. at least by then ill have my coilovers in with a wheel alignment.

G

Unregistered
ive decided. i will probably go to the meet point but not drive to mallala. i cant take the risk of getting raped by the white and blue. my teins are as low as they can go, tinted front windows, and front mount that stands out like dogs balls. i dont have standard stuts to replace with when i get defected. but depending where the meet point is i will be leaving for mallala from noarlunga on saturday and from modbury on sunday. so hopefully i can come for a quick meet

tim123

Idling at the Lights
First Name
T
Drive
None
Hi guys,

I'm actually the owner of a black Mitsubishi GTO, but hey technically its still a VR4 :p

I am heading out with a couple of the other members on here to the car detailing workshop on Sat the 30th of May being organised by Mark (markfivestar), and planning a cruise for afterwards. At the moment the cruise plans are to meet up around the Bunnings car park at Marion shopping centre at approx 3-3:30pm, and from there, a bit of a meet and greet.

Around 4pm or later, we'll head out and up towards Hahndorf for dinner somewhere nice and relaxed, and after that I was thinking of booking a couple of lanes down at Bowland - Marion shopping centre for a couple of games of bowling (always fun).

Would be good to get a few people along something nice and relaxed and gives everyone a chance to check out each others cars etc.

Let either myself or Mark know if you are coming I'll more than likely need to organise something with at least the bowling mob, and would probably be in our best interests to let the dinner location know rough numbers etc.

Thanks guys!

Tim.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
sigh, guess not. im keen to get something happening, but i think someone said they had already half planned a cruise??

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well my proposal is this:
Sunday Cruise (perhaps Sunday June 28? - almost 2 weeks notice)
Meet 11:00am, Depart 11:30am
Drive for ~1-1.5 hours then lunch
~45min for lunch
Drive ~1-1.5 hours then finish!
Summary, 3 hours driving, a few hundred kms, and a catch up during lunch somewhere!

Direction - Eastern Hills / Souther Valleys

Yes No Maybe?

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
im keen. who was the person who had already planned the cruise route tho? i didnt want to impose or hi jack their cruise..

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Im not able to make a cruise this weekend. I did have a bit of a cruise route in my mind but i can save that for another time if it goes ahead this weekend

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well as there was so little response it ended up i'm busy doing family things now.
I'll just keep an eye out for the next cruise by whoever organises it ;)

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
sigh.. reminds me of other clubs. anywho car had a lil mishap, but hopefully back on the road soon. then ill properly organise a decent cruise for say a month. yeah?

Top Bottom