Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Hey all,

I want to take my rims off the car to have a go at repairing them myself (after some outrageous quotes!) so It's going to take a little while to putty up the gutter rash, wait for it to dry, sand back, prime, paint etc.

All four need doing (Jap owner obviously couldn't park) so i'm hoping someone has a set of any sort of rims in 5x114.3 in 16,17or18" with ~40 offset that I can borrow for a week or two while I have a go at repairing my wheels.

Hopefully someone has something? I used to have a set of EF fairmont wheels that would have looked rather whack (@+15 offset :ROFLMAO:) but sold them a while ago.

Please help!

G

Unregistered
Have you tried Colour Touch Systems (0418 830 679)? They fixed up my rim for $88 - seemed reasonable to me... Awesome job too.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Didn't try them, but the rash is pretty bad... all 4 wheels have rash 80% around the edge therefore it will be time consuming to fix.. thus I'll get a $12 can of metal putty, $9 can of spray paint, and go for gold!

The worst I can do is make em look completely screwed and have to bin them :p - nah, ususally dont mind DIY repairs, just don't want to rush it thus need to borrow some rims.

G

Unregistered
i would lend u mine but then id need to borrow a set lol.

G

Unregistered
Didn't try them, but the rash is pretty bad... all 4 wheels have rash 80% around the edge therefore it will be time consuming to fix.. thus I'll get a $12 can of metal putty, $9 can of spray paint, and go for gold!

The worst I can do is make em look completely screwed and have to bin them :p - nah, ususally dont mind DIY repairs, just don't want to rush it thus need to borrow some rims.

No probs Lee. I have some spare rims but no tyres yet - If you can wait a few weeks I should be able to help you out.

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Lee i have a spare set of rims and tyres you can borrow. Ill PM you about it.

G

Unregistered
just buy a new set of 18x8.5" with sik drift spec dish bro!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
^well I had a set of nice 18x8 +35's lined up, and then the transmission ate all my money and won't give it back! LOL

Unless someone buys my engine package, THEN i'll have half the money I need for rims ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well wouldn't you know it - I borrowed Marc (evo002)'s stock facelift wheels, BUT they take the shank style nuts, not tapered like are with my wheels, DOH!

SO - does anyone have a set of shank style nuts to suit that I can borrow? :(
Note, I need this style:
__
...|_
...._|
__|

not this style (like I have)
__
....\
.....|
__ /

Thanks!

G

Unregistered
Have a look for some magna vrx rims or 380 steels you could pick up some cheep with tyres. Try a tyre joint they prolly would give you the rims as they would only throw them away. They will take the nuts you have (no pun intended).

Top Bottom